Are we organizing for this?

specter208

Don’t know where you are. At my building we have free sanitizer, masks, wipes and we brought in a rental hand washing station. I’ve seen our safety person and center manager cleaning the vending machines and stair hand rails. We have an hourly get extra work cleaning the preload scanners after the sort. I’ve haven’t seen personally, but night should have someone wiping down parts of the trucks because they are leaving little notes on the dash claiming that the trucks have been cleaned the night before.

SLW

What Amazon is doing seems good. If this is truly an essential business, we should be getting temp checks and masks. How well is UPS going to function with 40-70% of its workers out sick?

cachmeifucan

We have to bring our own gloves masks and wipes. The bathrooms at cach are worse then jails. They bus people in to work so that's definitely not 6ft. Shut everything down 2 weeks the spreading will dramatically decrease. Oh wait only the slaves still working grocery stores fast food and union employees. This is great for social security.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Don’t know where you are. At my building we have free sanitizer, masks, wipes and we brought in a rental hand washing station. I’ve seen our safety person and center manager cleaning the vending machines and stair hand rails. We have an hourly get extra work cleaning the preload scanners after the sort. I’ve haven’t seen personally, but night should have someone wiping down parts of the trucks because they are leaving little notes on the dash claiming that the trucks have been cleaned the night before.

Obviously this occurred in a dream you had. Sir we live in the real world here where any and all ppe is to be fought over in the mechanics area. Virtual bets allowed. Hub manager decides who lives and who dies. Russell Crowe would be proud.

specter208

Obviously this occurred in a dream you had. Sir we live in the real world here where any and all ppe is to be fought over in the mechanics area. Virtual bets allowed. Hub manager decides who lives and who dies. Russell Crowe would be proud.
There’s only a handful of UPSers that post here.

specter208

Cheer up guys.

Attachments

• 697388E8-D1D5-4B2F-9F16-5E32A0ABD99F.jpeg
    697388E8-D1D5-4B2F-9F16-5E32A0ABD99F.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 191

Socrates

Nothing will sincerely protect any of us from this disease. The only effective prophylaxis for a UPS driver is to get plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, eat a well-balanced diet, cut back/eliminate smoking/drinking, and from there it's mostly out of our hands. Going the boomer route and just 'staying home' for the next couple weeks/months does nothing, especially if you're on the couch like a fat slob and not actively increasing your lung capacity, exercising 60-90 minutes/day, doing Yoga or Tai-Chi to relive stress and improve circulation, etc.

People out in public wearing a mask and gloves to go to Target are just too stupid for words. They really think it's worth spending $5/trip in PPE to go to the grocery store, still risking exposure while looking like a complete goof, in lieu of spending the $5-10 and having the stuff delivered to their doorstep. Madness.

ManInBrown

People out in public wearing a mask and gloves to go to Target are just too stupid for words. They really think it's worth spending $5/trip in PPE to go to the grocery store, still risking exposure while looking like a complete goof, in lieu of spending the $5-10 and having the stuff delivered to their doorstep. Madness.

Couldn’t disagree with you more about the mask. The gloves I don’t think do anything, as long as you wash hands frequently and don’t touch face. How does a mask do nothing? It spreads in the air. So how would a mask not be beneficial? You don’t really believe that do you?

cachmeifucan

Couldn’t disagree with you more about the mask. The gloves I don’t think do anything, as long as you wash hands frequently and don’t touch face. How does a mask do nothing? It spreads in the air. So how would a mask not be beneficial? You don’t really believe that do you?
Umm because if someone has it and isn't showing signs if they are wearing a mask they probably won't spread it as much I have a feeling that explanation won't be enough. Once again late to the party soon it will be a requirement in public

cachmeifucan

What really gets me upset is that people in prison and jails are being tested but essential workers with family that are high risk can't get a test. How about if you're convicted criminal you get tested after all the law abiding citizens.