As a driver, what would you have done?

Cementups

Box Monkey
While most everyone's points are valid I would almost guarantee that this is a cover driver that screwed up and rather than take blame he quickly pointed the finger at the loader. I've seen it before and I'm sure I'll see it again.

laffter

I actually was not disciplined over this. My sup basically just called the driver an a-hole and said he was throwing me under the bus. At least, I don't think I was disciplined? I didn't sign anything, anyway.

So, I'm going to assume that the driver figured he could get into a lot more trouble for this than I ever would. He probably realized he effed up a little by not checking the obvious location. That day, when the driver showed up, I told him I put air with Ground for A, B, C, and D stops. He didn't mention anything of the incident.

But, yes, I probably should be a little more specific about where things are when someone is covering a route. Not only locations of stops, but the fact that air is not where it typically should be. During bulk out, I can be a little absent minded. The mental strain of the day takes its toll. Last week I had an irreg sitting on my slide. It was out in the open. When I finished bulking the truck, I told the driver he was good to go. Then after I wrapped up the last one... it was one of those "oh bloody hell" moments.

pkgdriver

NDA cannot be PAL'd to the 4000 section.

It sounds like the cover guy screwed up and is passing the blame on to you.

Save the custom loads for the bid driver.

NDA can be PALed/loaded in the 4000 section and is on my route. Hell 5-8000 NDA PALs from an add/cut happen sometimes

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Neither party should be disciplined. Will my supe be disciplined for loading a 30 piece split from the route next to me in section 1000 so I had to dig and climb around it all morning. No.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
While most everyone's points are valid I would almost guarantee that this is a cover driver that screwed up and rather than take blame he quickly pointed the finger at the loader. I've seen it before and I'm sure I'll see it again.

Possibly but I've had a lot of air I've found under a pile of bulk or on a random shelf.