"As long as work is available"

JustDeliverIt

The one that will happen if this :censored2: contract isn't changed.

This contract :censored2:s part timers, it :censored2:s full timers and it :censored2:s future hires. It's amazing how they managed to get it wrong for every single demographic of Teamster.

But the IBT and the company say it's such a great contract, why would anyone not like it........

Superteeth2478

The part that sucks is that so many people are uninformed and simply go off of what others tell them instead of doing the research themselves that they'll just vote however the union representatives and leadership in their building tells them to vote...and if those people are being told to sell the contract as a good one then people will vote "yes" on that basis alone.

I'm a steward in a building where I'm spreading the "no" vote on the basis of no catch-up raises for part-timers among other things. I've been doing so for a while now. However, another steward actually was going around telling them they WILL get a catch-up raise, and one of the employees immediately questioned me about it, telling me "Why'd you tell us we wouldn't get a catch-up raise?" as if I was the one who was lying! It was quite the insult!

john chesney

The one that will happen if this :censored2: contract isn't changed.

This contract :censored2:s part timers, it :censored2:s full timers and it :censored2:s future hires. It's amazing how they managed to get it wrong for every single demographic of Teamster.
You’re going to get this contract one way or another. The pathetic leadership we have will never strike ups. They may change a couple minor things if voted down. This contract is bad news. UPS is going to abuse this 22.4 thing to the max

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The part that sucks is that so many people are uninformed and simply go off of what others tell them instead of doing the research themselves that they'll just vote however the union representatives and leadership in their building tells them to vote...and if those people are being told to sell the contract as a good one then people will vote "yes" on that basis alone.

I'm a steward in a building where I'm spreading the "no" vote on the basis of no catch-up raises for part-timers among other things. I've been doing so for a while now. However, another steward actually was going around telling them they WILL get a catch-up raise, and one of the employees immediately questioned me about it, telling me "Why'd you tell us we wouldn't get a catch-up raise?" as if I was the one who was lying! It was quite the insult!
Always ask them to show you in the language where it says that.

Superteeth2478

Article XII, Section 6, will probably be used in some way to ratify this contract regardless. It was used last time around...

This time Hoffa will probably say "If the contract proposal will keep the company competitive and the membership repeatedly votes "no" on the NMA, the national negotiating committee shall have the power to ratify the contract regardless of the vote of the membership."

Superteeth2478

Always ask them to show you in the language where it says that.

Funny thing is I asked him that. He said he's getting his information straight from the business agent who is part of the negotiating committee. I said I don't go off of what ANYONE tells me, I read the information myself.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Funny thing is I asked him that. He said he's getting his information straight from the business agent who is part of the negotiating committee. I said I don't go off of what ANYONE tells me, I read the information myself.
Exactly, tell them to remember these things and write it down, so when he discovers it’s a lie, he will remember who screwed him over.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Article XII, Section 6, will probably be used in some way to ratify this contract regardless. It was used last time around...

This time Hoffa will probably say "If the contract proposal will keep the company competitive and the membership repeatedly votes "no" on the NMA, the national negotiating committee shall have the power to ratify the contract regardless of the vote of the membership."
they can push it through even with no votes?

hahahahaha why even have a union that’s completely broken

Superteeth2478

That's kind of what they did last time around with the holdout locals who were voting down their supplementals...created new language using Article XII, Section 6 of the IBT Constitution. I'm just wondering what specific language they'll use this time around to pass the contract when they invoke Article XII, Section 6.

And yes, Article XII, Section 6 is broken. It's like God Mode for the president of the IBT.

JustDeliverIt

To push a local through is one thing, not that it was right by any means. But to push a national through, no matter what percentage of the membership voted, that gets voted down would be insanity.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I can't believe they can say it with a straight face...

Being paid off tens of thousands probably helps
I bet our crooked union leaders are walking away with AT LEAST 6 figure deals from Ups! Ups will save millions if this :censored2: contract is pushed through so Ups will have no problem bribing our pusillanimous ass leaders 6 figures.

Of course it's one big payoff! UPS knows our union is weak and greedy. Their getting millions from these concession and where going to get new fans in our trucks to blow around 100 degree air in the summer and 0 degree temps in the winter! Yippee!