Attendance Issues

txhubber

Ok I’m in the southern region. I’m in Revenue Recovery. We have one dude on our team who is usually high on something but that’s another story. Anyways this dude decides to not show up on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and each of those occasions are considered no call, no show as even the supervisor didn’t know why he was gone and was giving us the impression that he was going to be replaced. He ends up showing up today which usually Monday isn’t even his working day and the first interaction I see between this guy and the supervisor is a fist bump like nothing even happened.

He already has not shown up on two other occasions within the last month. The supervisor has been hard on the rest of us for only being a couple minutes late. He sent out a text saying how much UPS cares about promptness and if we can’t be prompt then find another job. But yet this dude’s disregard for not showing up without calling out and also being late frequently is getting swept under the rug. And we are suppose to “welcome him back with open arms.” The dude has already been fired once before, sent home because he fell asleep on the job, but yet this supervisor is trying to be a difference maker and keeps giving him chances. At some point he has to put an end to it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ok I’m in the southern region. I’m in Revenue Recovery. We have one dude on our team who is usually high on something but that’s another story. Anyways this dude decides to not show up on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and each of those occasions are considered no call, no show as even the supervisor didn’t know why he was gone and was giving us the impression that he was going to be replaced. He ends up showing up today which usually Monday isn’t even his working day and the first interaction I see between this guy and the supervisor is a fist bump like nothing even happened.

He already has not shown up on two other occasions within the last month. The supervisor has been hard on the rest of us for only being a couple minutes late. He sent out a text saying how much UPS cares about promptness and if we can’t be prompt then find another job. But yet this dude’s disregard for not showing up without calling out and also being late frequently is getting swept under the rug. And we are suppose to “welcome him back with open arms.” The dude has already been fired once before, sent home because he fell asleep on the job, but yet this supervisor is trying to be a difference maker and keeps giving him chances. At some point he has to put an end to it.
This a union job or not? Mind you business!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

8F78D72D-861E-457B-9092-F518A2F9CA58.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

maybe he had a doctor excuse

BiggieBrown

Do your job

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

You want to be in charge of this guy and hold him accountable, then put your letter in. Otherwise do your job and mind your own business. Your real concern should be that your supervisor is sending you text messages threatening your job, I'd file on that in a minute.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Lemme guess you still live in moms basement and she washes your nasty skivvies

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Damn, the guy the OP describes like me about 13 years ago at UPS. I used to no call no show every Wednesday like clockwork to hang out with friends, drink, and play video games. The sup told me during a verbal warning that the records showed that I had been late to work 186 consecutive days. I was impressed that they kept a record that far back. Yet still here I am. I know I can't pull that same type of :censored2: as a driver. But man on the sort aisle in the hub those were some carefree easy days of work.

Not sure if any of my coworkers felt the way the OP did, but you know what? I don't give a damn. TBH I don't think any of them did either.