Attention Part Timers!!!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Probably had good reason.
Here’s the thing. The loads are horrible, and the part timers don’t care.
These are facts. I was one not long ago.

But they aren’t paid enough to care. I have never given a preloader a hard time. If they help me stay out, they made me more money. If management wants to know what I do all day, they can come visit and watch.

I work one stop at a time. Not my problem what my truck looks like in the morning. Will work to the best of my ability.

PT Car Washer

Here’s the thing. The loads are horrible, and the part timers don’t care.
These are facts. I was one not long ago.

But they aren’t paid enough to care. I have never given a preloader a hard time. If they help me stay out, they made me more money. If management wants to know what I do all day, they can come visit and watch.

I work one stop at a time. Not my problem what my truck looks like in the morning. Will work to the best of my ability.
Most probably do care in the beginning. Most people don't take a job to see how bad they can be at it. Poor training if any and managements attitude of just get the packages off the belt and into a package car and hurry up and get off the clock. Delivery drivers make $42/hr and they can fix it is preload managements attitude.

BeachBoy

*sigh* Look, I'm coming up on my seventh year in my hub. I'm pt, but for the last 5 years I have never worked less than 2000 hours. Next week, I'll probably do 50 hours. I do my job and do it well and take satisfaction in that fact.
Tell me, in all honesty that I don't deserve a full time wage for the time I put in and the work I do.

TeltBender

in 20 years the union will be bankrupt, pension gone, replaced by robots. Idk why any sane person would start their career at UPS rn. Go get a degree or something, you’ll have better chances.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
in 20 years the union will be bankrupt, pension gone, replaced by robots. Idk why any sane person would start their career at UPS rn. Go get a degree or something, you’ll have better chances.
I think it’s a reasonable bet still.

Feeders I agree with you. Unload, sort aisle, etc… also risky futures.

But they can’t even get self driving cars right as of yet. Let alone have a robot find out of order addresses. Or navigate objects in the yard. Or climb uneven stairs on a homemade deck. Or apartment complexes. Poorly marked duplexes. Etc…

Driving jobs will require executive decision making and judgement calls for the foreseeable future. I don’t think they will automate that away for a long while.

Its_a_me

I think it’s a reasonable bet still.

Feeders I agree with you. Unload, sort aisle, etc… also risky futures.

But they can’t even get self driving cars right as of yet. Let alone have a robot find out of order addresses. Or navigate objects in the yard. Or climb uneven stairs on a homemade deck. Or apartment complexes. Poorly marked duplexes. Etc…

Driving jobs will require executive decision making and judgement calls for the foreseeable future. I don’t think they will automate that away for a long while.
Orion is just the first step of a giant database collection. It's not about saving miles. It's about data.

Out of order addresses: they'll use the database the human driver provided for years. New address: one human correction is all it takes for the next time.

Navigate objects in the yard: they'll be a driver helper that will run the packages up to the address and ride along at 1/3 of the driver's old rates.

Climb uneven stairs: again driver helper.

You'd be surprised how quickly these driving jobs will go away if they aren't protected by unions or political pressure.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Orion is just the first step of a giant database collection. It's not about saving miles. It's about data.

Out of order addresses: they'll use the database the human driver provided for years. New address: one human correction is all it takes for the next time.

Navigate objects in the yard: they'll be a driver helper that will run the packages up to the address and ride along at 1/3 of the driver's old rates.

Climb uneven stairs: again driver helper.

You'd be surprised how quickly these driving jobs will go away if they aren't protected by unions or political pressure.
You'd be surprised how badly H1Bs suck at programming

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Most are not H1B, there are dozens of guys here in the NJ offices
reverend-x-bitch.gif

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

For inside workers, yeah. It’ll be automated..already starting with the newer hubs