August 1 Raise.

some1else

Banned
We use CPU urban workers. So gas should be a factor. It's based off normal worker expenses. It's the difference from the current year and the past year minus 3%.
Ups had a 5.9% rate and 1% fuel surcharge increase for 2022. Our cola is Just over 2%. Simple contractual solution would be our negotiated raises plus rate increases. The increase in costs ups faces running a company and us running a household are not an exact match but similar and better than the cooked official numbers.

I’d challenge anyone that has been at top rate 5, 10, 15 plus years to go back and look at your rent/mortgage, groceries, gas, car payment etc. factor it in terms of how many hours then vs now. We are being paid a lot less. For example the apartment I had when I hit top rate was 799 a month and I was at 25$. Now the same apartment would be 1500$. So I would need to work an extra 7hours each month to afford the same apartment.

Tl:dr we are making a lot less now than 10 or 15 years ago.

JL 0513

My raise was not on my timecard today? Anyone else have this problem
My timecard also doesn't reflect the raise. I believe it did this last year too but the first paycheck was corrected.

It's typical UPS. How hard would it be for them to change the displayed rates on day 1? Like they don't know when it's coming.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
My timecard also doesn't reflect the raise. I believe it did this last year too but the first paycheck was corrected.

It's typical UPS. How hard would it be for them to change the displayed rates on day 1? Like they don't know when it's coming.
But they're obviously concerned with mental well-being...😄

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
what i'd like to know is @542thruNthru. is the cola based of 15.50 rate or our city minimum wage 15.96.I imagine it's off the 15.50 plus last years .33 cola+.82 16.65??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yep got to keep reminding these people because we’re going to get to August 1, 2023 and they’re going to be screaming for a better contract and then realize we’re going on strike and they don’t have even one penny saved. They will be the ones that sink our battleship. Educating younger members who have never been through a strike is very important. Strikes hurt both sides. But the company can wait longer if they really want to.
2133125TbsjddQ2.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
is the cola based of 15.50 rate or our city minimum wage 15.96.I imagine it's off the 15.50 plus last years .33 cola+.82 16.65??

It's in the contract....

'The amount of the cost-of-living allowance shall be determined as provided below on the basis of the “Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, CPI-W (Revised Series using 1982-1984 Expenditure Patterns), All Items (1982-84 = 100), published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor” and referred to herein as the “Index”.

Wally

It's in the contract....

'The amount of the cost-of-living allowance shall be determined as provided below on the basis of the “Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, CPI-W (Revised Series using 1982-1984 Expenditure Patterns), All Items (1982-84 = 100), published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor” and referred to herein as the “Index”.

Wally

Traditionally, how often do union members receive COLA raises, once a year, quarterly?