August 1 Raise.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We get 1.00 contract and 82 cent cola raise August 1. What does everyone think of the big raise increase?

Most of us will be breaking even with the additional .82 COLA, those currently on progression will lose ground.

Just got a notice in the mail about re-evaluating my property taxes right after the housing market values skyrocketed ... everybody will want a piece of the pie, salaries, healthcare combined with our 401k’s and pension plans investments tanking is painting a ugly picture.

Our non union folk will be looking for a door..raises are minimal and management does not have any Cost Of Living Adjustments...

Thebrownblob

How did they come up with the 82¢ in COLA? Inflation is brutal, should be close to $2.
We use the CPI formula which I believe takes out the cost of housing and the cost of fuel lol could be some other things I don’t really know about but I think it’s mostly false numbers made to make the economy look better than it is

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How did they come up with the 82¢ in COLA? Inflation is brutal, should be close to $2.

I believe that the .82 increases were formulated at the end of May, the inflation rate was listed as 8.5% currently It has to be close to 10 % or over.

Thebrownblob

I was warning ⚠️ him to save some money for next year

TTKU
Yep got to keep reminding these people because we’re going to get to August 1, 2023 and they’re going to be screaming for a better contract and then realize we’re going on strike and they don’t have even one penny saved. They will be the ones that sink our battleship. Educating younger members who have never been through a strike is very important. Strikes hurt both sides. But the company can wait longer if they really want to.

Yep got to keep reminding these people because we’re going to get to August 1, 2023 and they’re going to be screaming for a better contract and then realize we’re going on strike and they don’t have even one penny saved. They will be the ones that sink our battleship. Educating younger members who have never been through a strike is very important. Strikes hurt both sides. But the company can wait longer if they really want to.
Trust me brother I try to spread the word out to everyone. Not just on Brown Cafe.

Hopefully we will not need that money for a strike so what's the worst going to happen?
Maybe have a little extra money in your savings account?

Thebrownblob

Trust me brother I try to spread the word out to everyone. Not just on Brown Cafe.

Hopefully we will not need that money for a strike so what's the worst going to happen?
Maybe have a little extra money in your savings account?
This generation by and large has absolutely no idea how to save money. You would be shocked how many people have a paycheck error and say they cannot pay their bills unless they get the money that week. Some of these guys are making six figures. SMH

This generation by and large has absolutely no idea how to save money. You would be shocked how many people have a paycheck error and say they cannot pay their bills unless they get the money that week. Some of these guys are making six figures. SMH
How much do you want to bet that next year or the first two weeks of August or the first vacation weeks that are gone?

Can only lead them to water, some will make it 30 years and realize they do not have enough to have a comfortable retirement because they simply did not plan nor save. We make above average wages and salary there is no reason to be broke your whole career.
No matter how much you make you just got to spend a little less than you earn.
I know that's very basic.
When I first started working here I had one of the old timers walk up to Mrs dude you have to put the $6 a week into the thrift plan.
He also said start a credit union account.
So that's what I did. Every week I had $6 taken out of my paycheck for the thrift plan and $5 went into the credit union.
You have to start somewhere

Thebrownblob

No matter how much you make you just got to spend a little less than you earn.
I know that's very basic.
When I first started working here I had one of the old timers walk up to Mrs dude you have to put the $6 a week into the thrift plan.
He also said start a credit union account.
So that's what I did. Every week I had $6 taken out of my paycheck for the thrift plan and $5 went into the credit union.
You have to start somewhere
Yep if the thrift plan was still here you and I would probably be retired. But even without it you have to save even if it’s just a little bit always pay yourself first.