August 1 Raise.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
A little debt nothing too crazy. Just living a simple basic life with grand visions of a stress free 55+ year old life. I.e. No boat purchases in my near future

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
$39.90/hr for an unskilled PT job? Where do I sign up? Plus a $75/wk bonus.
When Panera is starting at $20 an hour? When the cost of living has shot up over 100%? GTFOH you bitter bastard. You chose your life to be a PT nobody. I don’t want your life.

We have brothers and sisters out here literally dying for $15 and hour.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

When Panera is starting at $20 an hour? When the cost of living has shot up over 100%? GTFOH you bitter bastard. You chose your life to be a PT nobody. I don’t want your life.

We have brothers and sisters out here literally dying for $15 and hour.
Wow. Not bitter at all. I am just as happy as a cold hog in warm mud.

Whither

Scofflaw
Yep got to keep reminding these people because we’re going to get to August 1, 2023 and they’re going to be screaming for a better contract and then realize we’re going on strike and they don’t have even one penny saved. They will be the ones that sink our battleship. Educating younger members who have never been through a strike is very important. Strikes hurt both sides. But the company can wait longer if they really want to.
Honestly at this point I'll surprised if we don't go on strike. I could be wrong, of course, but O'Brien seems determined to challenge this company (I'm 100 percent behind that too) and we know how arrogant this company tends to be ...

At the same time I'd be surprised if many people would cross the picket. That said ... those of us who know better, and have the ability, should also prepare to help brothers and sisters who may need assistance. Because that will happen if we strike.

Whither

Scofflaw
Blame the parents for babying their kids and not letting them grow up and teaching them to be responsible
Nah I don't think it's that as much as it's just the air we breathe. Companies wouldn't waste all that money bombarding us with ads if they didn't work.

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes ..."

Whither

Scofflaw
I don’t disagree materialism is a waste of time
And yet we see the evidence all around us, and honestly, in our own lives too, of how the companies "lead us into temptation." No one is impervious. For example, I enjoy watching football. I guarantee you I wouldn't have spent much time dreaming of buying a pickup truck if I hadn't taken my dose of the commercials. (I have resisted the temptation, and yet, it is there LOL)

Thebrownblob

And yet we see the evidence all around us, and honestly, in our own lives too, of how the companies "lead us into temptation." No one is impervious. For example, I enjoy watching football. I guarantee you I wouldn't have spent much time dreaming of buying a pickup truck if I hadn't taken my dose of the commercials. (I have resisted the temptation, and yet, it is there LOL)
Nothing wrong with having a few nice things but if it’s you live for chasing stuff your life becomes empty and you become a slave to your work and your debt. Not pleasant in my opinion