August 1 Raise.

Kingofthenorth

But you don't want to work here forever either.
Try saving in a city when you make $15 an hour. Good luck. At UPS you have a pension. Personally I also max out my 401k and have stocks due to me working 50-60 hours a week. The future honestly is up in the air. There might be mass automation which will change things. Time will tell.

Thebrownblob

What is the rationale for only top scale getting a cola adjustment?
Honest question
There isn’t a good one in my opinion. The only thing I am told is that you do get it after you get through progression but how does it help you now? i’m not a fan of keeping cost-of-living raises away from people in progression.

Steamer

What is the rationale for only top scale getting a cola adjustment?
Honest question
It's rational. For those at top rate. Those that really manipulate the unsuspecting newer people with contract issues that only benefit the top. It's ironic that people hate liberal ideals yet want liberal policy for themselves when it's only for themselves. Hypocrisy knows no limits with human narcissism. It's easier to push through with corporate for themselves than the entire group as shared whole. At least at a higher rate. They wouldn't really want to share the COLA at say 40 cents each. They talk about brotherhood. But it's really just themselveshood.

Thebrownblob

It's rational. For those at top rate. Those that really manipulate the unsuspecting newer people with contract issues that only benefit the top. It's ironic that people hate liberal ideals yet want liberal policy for themselves when it's only for themselves. Hypocrisy knows no limits with human narcissism.
I don’t think it’s that deep. Just bad negotiating.

Thebrownblob

Really? Do you see the lower in progression people getting access to a contract? Notice the top tier rate. How it jumps up like 75% instead of progression being more evenly distributed.
What do you mean access to the contract? Yes progression could be much more evenly distributed. But it’s not a shock that the negotiators overlooked this especially when you remember it was our side that brought 22.4 to the table. You have this idea there was some grand conspiracy instead we just had a mediocre negotiating crew. 🤷‍♂️

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
What do you mean access to the contract? Yes progression could be much more evenly distributed. But it’s not a shock that the negotiators overlooked this especially when you remember it was our side that brought 22.4 to the table. You have this idea there was some grand conspiracy instead we just had a mediocre negotiating crew. 🤷‍♂️
Could be a mix of both. And master manipulators can hold alot of power over a group.

Thebrownblob

Could be a mix of both. And master manipulators can hold alot of power over a group.
Unfortunately most of the negotiators on our side are looking for that upfront number to tell the members. The company on the other hand is looking long-term on how they can figure out a way to save money. Similar to when we received split raises,

Unfortunately most of the negotiators on our side are looking for that upfront number to tell the members. The company on the other hand is looking long-term on how they can figure out a way to save money. Similar to when we received split raises,
Unfortunately most of the members look at the amount of money where me getting as a raise and overlooked many other things.
As you well know language is key

Thebrownblob

Unfortunately most of the members look at the amount of money where me getting as a raise and overlooked many other things.
As you well know language is key

I can guarantee you very few people bothered to look and see if people in progression we’re going to get the cola, myself included
honestly before this contract we had only had one cola since I’ve been here. so it was mostly overlooked.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I can guarantee you very few people bothered to look and see if people in progression we’re going to get the cola, myself included
honestly before this contract we had only had one cola since I’ve been here. so it was mostly overlooked.
Well, there are a few of us that are aware now and can present this at our next union meeting and hope it gets some teeth.