August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

NW.Hunter

So you’re wasting vacations when you could be getting strike pay and more time off?

You’re brilliant.
strike pay $100, or a full paycheck minus the OT. If I can't work then why not use my seniority to get a couple weeks of vacation so I can relax instead of sweating it out in the summer heat.

542thruNthru

strike pay $100, or a full paycheck minus the OT. If I can't work then why not use my seniority to get a couple weeks of vacation so I can relax instead of sweating it out in the summer heat.
Well for one everyone should be on the line. It shows commitment and solidarity to the company and public. Being a bitch and sitting at home because you're on vacation is exactly that. A bitch.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's 5x your monthly dues a week. But you have to be on the line everyday.

Are they going to pay us in Cash?

If it happens ... Just how many of our members will show up....

The low seniority part timers will quit or just ride it out on 100 dollars a week playing video games in their parent's basement...None of them will show up.

Most of the high seniority full timers will be on vacation or schedule a much needed surgery and may or show up for the extra beer money and free donuts.

The last one lasted only 16 days and that strike effected our economy big time back in "97"... even with Amazon in the picture the rest of the common carriers cannot provide the commercial transport services needed today, it would hurt the post pandemic supply demands drastically, particularly with the other Unions' support. The Union did raise our Union dues to cover the strike fund from 57 a week up to 500 +... After everything is taken out expect around 350 cleared, most of us take in over 1,000 a week...do the math and start saving just in case. I swear if I ever hear one of our high seniority members start :people_crybaby: about excepting a subpar contract without the Union's final approval and selling the rest of the members down the tubes just because they will be late on their Harley Davidson and boat payments or their wives are nagging them to go back to work.... I am going to lose it...:grrr:

Be Warned...(Start preparing, it is that simple)

Trucker Clock

If I can't work then why not use my seniority to get a couple weeks of vacation so I can relax instead of sweating it out in the summer heat.

Because if we are on strike, you should be on the strike line, not sitting at home relaxing. If I take a vacation, it is going to be sitting home relaxing, or going somewhere.

I'll save my vacations, and schedule them accordingly, and not schedule them around a possible strike. If that happens, I will be on the strike line collecting strike pay and saving my vacations for vacation.

Well for one everyone should be on the line. It shows commitment and solidarity to the company and public. Being a bitch and sitting at home because you're on vacation is exactly that. A bitch.

Bingo!

542thruNthru

The union will have a person at each location 24 hours a day to keep track of who is on the line everyday to make sure who should get the strike $$?
I don't see that happening.
Yes, they are called strike captains.

Usually BAs, E board and Stewards. They will take roll on each shift. The roll will be turned in and the IBT will pay accordingly.

If you were around in 97 I'm sure you remember having a certain shift you were supposed to report to.

rod

Retired 22 years
We manned our picket line 24/7. Nobody crossed over. There was a schedule posted for those who would pull the midnight to 6 am shift ( I think we had like 3 people every night) but other than that we never had a problem having plenty of bodies during the day. There was a vacant lot across the street from UPS where we set up a big Surplus Army tent complete with a refrigerator , grills, cots and generators. A local ice distributor friend provided us with all the free ice we needed. The Company provided us with a port-a-pottie. (Don't know why but they did). Basically it was one big 2 and a half week party.