August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

FozziesDeliveries

If it happens it will be the Company’s decision.
We had a pcm in the last month where our manager was talking about getting volume from fedex and then he went on a HUGE tangent about "not striking, and don't talk up striking! Because after the 97 strike a ton of you guys didn't have much work." It was mindblowing. But thats what alot of us thought is that its up to the company to come with good/decent offers and not be slapping us in the face.

We had a pcm in the last month where our manager was talking about getting volume from fedex and then he went on a HUGE tangent about "not striking, and don't talk up striking! Because after the 97 strike a ton of you guys didn't have much work." It was mindblowing. But thats what alot of us thought is that its up to the company to come with good/decent offers and not be slapping us in the face.
It was slow for quite a while after the strike of 97

If I tell his young guys vote no if it's a bad contract do not vote no because you want to go on strike

Trucker Clock

If I tell his young guys vote no if it's a bad contract do not vote no because you want to go on strike

My sentiments exactly.

There are people saying we are going on strike. What? We haven't even seen a contract proposal from either side yet. Some don't care what the proposals are. They want payback. They will vote no on anything just so they can strike.

Give O'Brien a chance. He may actually negotiate something that is fair. If he cannot come to an agreement with the Company, well, then a strike is an option. An option that will be devastating for both sides, but may be necessary.

My sentiments exactly.

There are people saying we are going on strike. What? We haven't even seen a contract proposal from either side yet. Some don't care what the proposals are. They want payback. They will vote no on anything just so they can strike.

Give O'Brien a chance. He may actually negotiate something that is fair. If he cannot come to an agreement with the Company, well, then a strike is an option. An option that will be devastating for both sides, but may be necessary.
They hear that strike talk k on the news.
I've had many customers asking me if we're going on strike

JL 0513

I've had numerous customers bring up the strike talk. Knowing that we're by far, the highest paid in the industry, they asked what we were asking for.

100%

UPS is the one you need to talk to about a strike. UPS will be the reason there’s a strike, not us. Don’t get it twisted. If there’s a strike, it’s bc UPS wanted one.

NW.Hunter

I'm glad I saw this post, I didn't even think about taking vacation. Now I'm going to take the first two or maybe three weeks of August. Can you imagine the absolute mess it will be delivering after a strike?

Trucker Clock

I'm glad I saw this post, I didn't even think about taking vacation. Now I'm going to take the first two or maybe three weeks of August. Can you imagine the absolute mess it will be delivering after a strike?

So you’re wasting vacations when you could be getting strike pay and more time off?

You’re brilliant.