August 2023 vacation

Are you going to take the first week of August off next year?

• Total voters

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Too bad I missed the first page of this thread.

Someone should have told you to MYODB.

post date helping

Last edited:

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
With everything that seems to be going on with FedEx, there's no way UPS let's us strike. Corporate seems to smell blood, and I think they're looking to gobble up big market going into peak and first quarter next year. There's no way they would risk giving it back up.
*Hopeful observational posting.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
With everything that seems to be going on with FedEx, there's no way UPS let's us strike. Corporate seems to smell blood, and I think they're looking to gobble up big market going into peak and first quarter next year. There's no way they would risk giving it back up.
*Hopeful observational posting.

Another factor with settling early with the Teamsters is the publicity it would generate for both sides. The Teamsters can point to a great victory and use that for future organizing (Fed Ex/Amazon etc) that will actually help UPS to start getting back our customer base from the other couriers. Currently the independent Fed ex ground contractors are getting killed by inflation, they will be losing more business in the next year with the recession in the forecast.

The Company and their shareholders will win by settling early with another 5 year contract way before there is talk about a work stoppage. So far there no major issue that would force a strike situation unlike the “97” strike. It appears that Corporate is gutting their so called redundant departments and subcontracting them out. They are slowly getting rid of any incentive for promotion by eliminating or reducing management’s carrot 🥕 on a stick perks..MIP is probably next.

100%

You all know that it would take the President and maybe congress to approve us to on strike right?

The chance of us going on strike August 1st is pretty much zero. We will continue to work under the
current contract until a new one can be agreed upon.

I can hear it now "Where is my retro check".
That’s not what O’Brien said.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The lead man said deal done before august 1. Not one day extension or feet to the pavement. His words not mine.
Any married dude sets deadlines to be in the car or you are leaving. Forty five minutes later you leave minimum. You want headaches or peace from there on out?

GettyImages114854694-6b22bc1b-1820-4f36-8ac9-a4f653efc3f4.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Thats because nobody cares anymore..
We have very few supervisors that have actual delivery experience.

Here is a little secret ...most of the ground level supervisors and managers are hoping for a work stoppage, and it has nothing to do with us Union Folk walking... (The Hate runs deep) :taz:.....(NO OR MINUAL PAY RAISES, PENSIONS AND JOB DEPARTMENTS BEING ELIMINATED, UNREALISTIC DEMANDS FROM CLUELESS LEADERSHIP) JUST TO NAME A FEW.....:overreactsmiley:

Last edited:
Here is a little secret ...most of the ground level supervisors and managers are hoping for a work stoppage, and it has nothing to do with us Union Folk walking... (The Hate runs deep) :taz:.....(NO OR MINUAL PAY RAISES, PENSIONS AND JOB DEPARTMENTS BEING ELIMINATED, UNREALISTIC DEMANDS FROM CLUELESS LEADERSHIP) JUST TO NAME A FEW.....:overreactsmiley:
I remember back in the day they was hoping we got a good contract because whatever we got they got a little bit more than we did

542thruNthru

Any married dude sets deadlines to be in the car or you are leaving. Forty five minutes later you leave minimum. You want headaches or peace from there on out?

GettyImages114854694-6b22bc1b-1820-4f36-8ac9-a4f653efc3f4.jpg
I have never set a deadline to be in the car by a certain time. Sounds like a east coast thing.