Avatars----personal property or freely used by anyone?

Are avatars personal property or can they freely be used by anyone?

• Total voters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your taking Upstate's side......... Everyone look. @Brownslave688 and @UpstateNYUPSer are besties..........
image.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I actually had a new member use my avatar which is specific to my user name.

He/she changed without me saying anything although someone else did.

I think avatars selected from the BC catalog are OK to use by anyone regardless if used already.

I think someone "stealing" someone else's avatar by downloading the image from BC is a bit weird.
Especially if they created their avatar like I did.

In this case, the Heff image is a general image available all over the internet and is OK to be used by anyone.
Although I think Jakebrown did the right thing especially since it was @HEFFERNAN.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I actually had a new member use my avatar which is specific to my user name.

He/she changed without me saying anything although someone else did.

I think avatars selected from the BC catalog are OK to use by anyone regardless if used already.

I think someone "stealing" someone else's avatar by downloading the image from BC is a bit weird.
Especially if they created their avatar like I did.

In this case, the Heff image is a general image available all over the internet and is OK to be used by anyone.
Although I think Jakebrown did the right thing especially since it was @HEFFERNAN.

Thank you Photog

The OP doesn't realize that an avatar personifies a username to the fellow members.
It is the main reason we don't all have one of these
generic_avatar.jpg
Usernames are first come, first serve. The avatar protocol follows suit in a forum community.
If you want to change your avatar as much as your facebook, match.com, or gaydar.net profile pics, more power to you.
Every member has that right. Some members don't do it that way.