Avatars----personal property or freely used by anyone?

Are avatars personal property or can they freely be used by anyone?

• Total voters

moreluck

golden ticket member
With long-timers, I identify people with just the avatar.....all the changing of avatars is confusing. My avatar was designed by dizzee and unless you have a dog like that, what would be the point of having that avatar? It's not patented or anything, but it's special to me. You can use it if you want, but I'll put a curse on you!

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The way I see it, they're pretty much a public domain. Even if yours has been made personally, by that logic you shouldn't be using anything you found elsewhere if you didn't make it yourself.

However, people should still respect the fact if one is already in use. After a while they kinda become synonymous with their user.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And Upstate, you'll probably be glad to know I no longer picture everything you post being said by a cat when I read it.

bbsam

Staff member
It led to confusion and he was told by more than 3 members before I said anything.

I also messaged him on his profile 2 weeks prior privately.
I never get confused because I have progressed to the point where I read the name (that's a sequence of letters arranged in a particular order) that is next to the picture thingy.;)

upschuck

I never get confused because I have progressed to the point where I read the name (that's a sequence of letters arranged in a particular order) that is next to the picture thingy.;)
You in the midst of a sex change?
upload_2015-9-16_11-21-29.png