Avoidable Accident while parked

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Your route must be in some sort of perfect world where there are no dead-end streets and there is an unlimited supply of legal, on-street parking.

In the real world that the rest of us deliver in, sometimes there is no alternative but to back into and park in a residential driveway.
I live in a real world and haven't backed into a driveway for one year now. Actually, the anniversary is in April. I don't back into driveways simply because WE, as the driver, will be held liable for anything that occurs while parked there. Besides this, all of my dead end streets have cul de sacs. I'm just speaking for myself though, you other's have to fend for yourselves and decide whether or not to back/drive inot driveways.

And here is the key phrase. I assumed we were talking about doing this off the clock. I have nothing against delivering on the way home if I'm being paid.
The problem for me with this is not doing a favor for mgmt. The problem is the liability issue. If you get hurt, cause or are involved in an accident or have issues with the customer. It doesn't matter that your kind hearted supe addsd time to your timecard. You could get into serious trouble. It would be better if you met a driver that was between your center and the actual stop and let that driver deliver the pkg, if anything, though I personally would prefer getting back into the pkg car and doing it the official way.

My two cents:

UpsState is correct in everything he says here. I am not idolizing him, but he takes the BS that is thrown at him (alot) and handles it professionally (consistently).

All this crap about taking money from a "Brother" is part of the problem with UPS, and specifically UPSers, and much more specifically; Jimstud.

Jimstud's argument is that "Working off the clock" takes OT from a Brother. With his logic, should UPS continue to pay for us going to the bathroom? I don't want to get into a debate about what is "Payable" and what is not; but most should understand what I mean.

UPS is not like a computer that can account for every blessed nano-second of what is being done.

I am a UPSer as well as a Customer. I don't know what difficulty guys like UpsState go through to deliver my package at 7:00pm or so, but I am glad that he does it. It PERSONALIZES the delivery. That's what we are. If he insisted to be paid for it, the breakdown starts from within and propels outwards.
Maybe it is not management that is "brainwashed".

UpsState: Thanks for your level of Service.

It is such a small event, but a "normal" event with you internally (I presume).

Swordfish: Meeting Customers???? Motel 6 or better? (wink)
I think you just have a bent toward mgmt.

SWORDFISH

UPstate, when I made one of my earlier comments I was thinking the same thing as bubblehead. One possibility is getting in wreck on the way to delivering the pkg. Its not a bad thought.

SWORDFISH

bubblehead you like my avatar to huh. After that earlier comment I just cant get him to stop shaking his head. Im a little worried about him.