Backed into pole! Aghrr

Gear

Parts on Order
Why dont you just ask the mechanic to replace it? Assuming you have a friendly relationship with him. Its just 4 bolts, nuts, washers and a bumper. Ive replaced a few bumpers and side rub rails on the driver's request, sometimes its a supervisor asking to keep it quiet.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Your center team does not want to report an accident, if there is any way they can avoid it they will. The latest thing around here is to call them "incidents" instead of accidents, I've never heard that before and don't know what it means but apparently it doesn't look as bad on some report and the driver doesn't get charged.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is interesting to take a look at all the PC's in the center and see damage everywhere and yet so few accidents are ever reported.
pic1601056.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
As close as you'll get in such a vehicle.

Actually as far as backing goes, it's better than a rear view mirror, isn't it?

Have you ever used one? No it is not better. Different would be the best way to describe it.

The key point is to use your side mirrors too and not just rely on the camera as if it was an ordinary rear view mirror.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Really? How is it supposed to be used?
In conjunction with the side view mirrors. It distorts distance and it doesn't actually look back, it's pointed down. If you use it like a rear view mirror you're gonna misjudge the actual distance.

bbsam

Staff member
Have you ever used one? No it is not better. Different would be the best way to describe it.

The key point is to use your side mirrors too and not just rely on the camera as if it was an ordinary rear view mirror.
Yes. Used many of them. But I didn't think anyone only used one or the other. Even in personal vehicles I thought it was standard to use both side mirrors and the rear view mirror.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
And you can see why we all harp on lack of training.

Kid didn't even know to call the center...
Kid was informed in driving school. My driving day was only 3 days long, yet I some how left with the understanding to call the center when I hit something with a company vehicle. It's not rocket science