Backed into pole! Aghrr

kingOFchester

Drivers at our center back at 10mph plus! I've never heard of anyone being talked to about it

I use to say that about a lot of the things I have read here. However, I have learned that overtime the piles of crap make their way thru all the buildings. Eventually you will here about it.

Here is a good one. we got between 18" and 36" of snow in my center depending on area. Top 5 snow falls. Manager in our building was mystified as to why the backs went way up the following day. I guess sitting in an office looking at a screen you don't realize what its like on the front lines.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Maybe he was fixated on the speedometer. Back over 2.8763672 MPH and you get to enjoy a conversation with sup about why you were backing .0042772 faster then what some guy in a cubical came up with.
Either way he was fixated on one thing. Blaming it on anybody else but himself is a waste of time. Should always be scanning

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I use to say that about a lot of the things I have read here. However, I have learned that overtime the piles of crap make their way thru all the buildings. Eventually you will here about it.

Here is a good one. we got between 18" and 36" of snow in my center depending on area. Top 5 snow falls. Manager in our building was mystified as to why the backs went way up the following day. I guess sitting in an office looking at a screen you don't realize what its like on the front lines.
The front lines? What are you doing deliveries in Bastogne on Christmas 1944?

35years

Gravy route
Either way he was fixated on one thing. Blaming it on anybody else but himself is a waste of time. Should always be scanning
He slid in the slush, he wasn't blaming anyone else. Managers who have little to no experience driving think accidents can always be avoided, and the driver was always doing something wrong...so blame them immediately. "Everything we do has an element of risk". How do you know he was not scanning? Go analyze some metrics or quiz someone on DOKs.

I have completely lost control of a package car going 3MPH...when on ice. Some accidents happen no mater how careful you drive even when using the methods.
Sometimes driving on slush is like driving on ball bearings. It packs into the treads and you drive slower but do not have complete control.

Last edited:

Brown_Star

Methods Man
When you drive around all day in different trucks you can tell how many "incidents" aren't reported. Many days before I leave the center I will point out a major ding or scratch because I don't want to get blamed for something I didn't do. I have no problem taking the blame for something I did but not for someone who didn't want to take responsibility for there own.

Pretrip vehicle and fill DVIR.....every day!