basketball

wkmac

Sad day for my Tarheels for sure. Great coach n great person with a great mind for the game.

True that. I was born and raise in NC until the mid 70's when I moved away. Dean Smith and the Tarheels were big. Playing youth basketball in the late 60's, the excitement of getting a #13 jersey to match that of my hardcourt hero Dick Grubar.

My dad was a scholarship football player in the early 50's at Clemson under the legendary Frank Howard so I was hardcore orange during football season but once hoops season started I was all Carolina Blue. Sad day indeed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The Shark was a good coach. Had some great UNLV teams back in the day. Still to this day I swear, the Running Rebels had the fix in on the 91 championship game against Duke as they beat the exact team a year before by 30 or so.
91 was a semifinal game I do believe not the championship.

oldngray

nowhere special
Run and gun and pressing just doesn't work with the tourney the way it is now.

Too many TV timeouts. You can't wear teams down.

They were one of the first teams to take advantage of the new 3 pt. line. They had great outside shooters with a beast inside to rebound.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They were one of the first teams to take advantage of the new 3 pt. line. They had great outside shooters with a beast inside to rebound.
It's kind of sad to me.

The tourney shouldn't automatically eliminate a certain style of team. If it works the rest of the year it should work then also.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's kind of sad to me.

The tourney shouldn't automatically eliminate a certain style of team. If it works the rest of the year it should work then also.

By the end of the season when its tournament time most of those shooting teams don't last long. They have tired legs and don't shoot as well. Defense wins championships.