Bay Area on lockdown?

vvv

If we actually did that then our trucks would be disinfected by car wash but that's not happening so it's on all of us to spend our own money and excessive time that we hardly have to search for the proper disinfectant. And it's on us to get to work 10 minutes early to wipe down their trucks on our time.

Then we must take more of these wipes we worked so hard for and wipe down every frequently used surface we touch. (Its in the guidelines) Also ensure you stop everytime to wash the hands that builds this company.

Get to work 10 minutes early to wipe down the truck on YOUR OWN TIME??!!

My friend, if you do that on anything but COMPANY TIME you are a complete helpless idiot.

BlackCat

we are considered vital need. A vast majority of us deliver to hospitals, urgent care centers, dialysis clinics, dentists offices, family practices....

I get that. What about the other 95% of my load?

390 pieces today and I would consider 20 pieces "vital"

If we wish to lend a hand delivering medicals, by all means, have at it. Using a few select customers to skirt mandates is beyond abhorrent.

GameCockFan

Appears they're still delivering in Italy, so.... UPS don't give a **** about you. People making the decisions will work from home or be safe in their ivory tower collecting fat checks while you risk your life and the lives of people in your community.
Screenshot_20200316-220103_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200316-220136_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200316-215945_Chrome.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How has UPS managed to get around this mandate?

They didn't.

There is actually quite a few businesses still working.

USPS and other delivery companies, banks, hardware stores, grocery stores, vets, gas stations, doctors offices, auto repair shops, any business that delivers a product or service to a home...

These are considered essential businesses. UPS did not even have to ask.

BlackCat

They didn't.

There is actually quite a few businesses still working.

USPS and other delivery companies, banks, hardware stores, grocery stores, vets, gas stations, doctors offices, auto repair shops, any business that delivers a product or service to a home...

These are considered essential businesses. UPS did not even have to ask.

I am going to edit this for being a smart ass.

But "any business that delivers a product or service to a home..." is not essential.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am going to edit this for being a smart ass.

But "any business that delivers a product or service to a home..." is not essential.

I didn't make the rules.

But I can see why. Are they going to get into specific trades, like plumbers, HVAC, electricians...

This shelter in place order is for the typical jughead that refuses to social distance. They won't do it on their own, so they are now forced to.