Bay Area on lockdown?

BlackCat

I didn't make the rules.

But I can see why. Are they going to get into specific trades, like plumbers, HVAC, electricians...

This shelter in place order os for the typical jughead that refuses to social distance. They won't do it on their own, so they are now forced to.

I think we are trying to make essential and convenience interchangeable when they are not.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think we are trying to make essential and convenience interchangeable when they are not.

No we're not. If your toilet breaks and starts running water all over the place, you're going to need a plumber fast. The plumber would be an essential service to somebody holed up for three weeks.

Same thing if you have an electrical issue, or an HVAC issue. They sound like essential services to me, or to somebody stuck in their house for three weeks. Or should they go without a toilet for 3 weeks? You don't think that's essential?

Now, I agree we deliver a lot of unessential items, or frivolous items, we also deliver essential items to homes like medicine, cleaning supplies, baby formula, repair parts, food, toilet paper.

Can they go to the store and get these items? Yes, but what if they can't. I can understand why we are classified as an essential business.

The pharmacies are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The banks are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The hardware stores are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The laundromats are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The grocery stores are staying open. How are they getting their supplies?

BlackCat

No we're not. If your toilet breaks and starts running water all over the place, you're going to need a plumber fast. The plumber would be an essential service to somebody holed up for three weeks.

Same thing if you have an electrical issue, or an HVAC issue. They sound like essential services to me, or to somebody stuck in their house for three weeks. Or should they go without a toilet for 3 weeks? You don't think that's essential?

Now, I agree we deliver a lot of unessential items, or frivolous items, we also deliver essential items to homes like medicine, cleaning supplies, baby formula, repair parts, food, toilet paper.

Can they go to the store and get these items? Yes, but what if they can't. I can understand why we are classified as an essential business.

The pharmacies are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The banks are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The hardware stores are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The laundromats are staying open. How are they getting their supplies? The grocery stores are staying open. How are they getting their supplies?

And again, if you want to deliver "essentials" have at it.

Just dont go asking for exemption waivers so we can deliver pottery barn and pier one :censored2: all day.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And again, if you want to deliver "essentials" have at it.

Just dont go asking for exemption waivers so we can deliver pottery barn and pier one :censored2: all day.

They did not ask for an exemption waiver. And the governments aren't going to control what items UPS, FedEx, Amazon, the post office, or any other delivery company delivers.

For most of the crap we deliver, we have no idea what's in the box.

I have no fear of contracting the coronavirus from going up to someone's front porch and dropping a wicker chair on it.

I'd be more worried about getting it from a preloader, or from contact with a box that he sneezed all over. So if I'm already out there delivering medicine, food, baby formula, then I might as well drop that wicker chair on the front porch also.

The government will never tell UPS that they can't. Now, if UPS makes that decision...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
:tank:I’m just a dumb truck driver.

I picked up 4 trailers of vital wine today. People need their booze in quarantine!
Two ladies in front of me at the grocery store checkout had their cart loaded up with ice cream and wine, clearly getting ready to shelter in place.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes we are working. We were federally deemed a necessary function.

There is a bright side to this also. If you happen to catch the coronavirus now while you're working, and it gets bad for you, your chances of survival are pretty good because there's still plenty of ICU beds and ventilators available.

Once everybody else goes back to work in three weeks, this coronavirus is still going to be around, and it might spike pretty good then, or at least higher than it probably will be for the next 3 weeks.

When that time comes, ICU beds and ventilators may be hard to come by, lowering your chance of survival.

The experts are predicting that this coronavirus could be around for at least a year, and infect up to 70% of the population.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Pennsylvania just shut down all nonessential businesses. But, here's a list of what they considered essential and that will stay open.

Restaurants can remain open for carry-out, drive-thru and delivery orders, and shut down dine-in service.

The administration said essential services and sectors include, but are not limited, to food processing; agriculture; industrial manufacturing; feed mills; construction; trash collection; grocery stores; convenience stores; retailers of household goods; home repair, hardware and auto repair stores; pharmacy and other medical facilities; biomedical and health care facilities; post offices and shipping outlets; insurers; banks; gas stations; laundromats; veterinary clinics and pet stores; warehousing, storage, and distribution facilities; public transportation; and hotel and commercial lodging.

RuthlessSupSlayer

I sure hope this is the case and you aren't doing this on your own time and being foolish.
I thought I might have to spin you around and spank your bottom. :)
lmao hell no I dont touch a thing before start time we had a guy hurt himself in his way to the PCM from his truck and they paid him

Stay away from Taco Bell and you can cut your toilet paper usage in half, since it's hard to come by nowadays.
Might be my best tip ever!!
IMG_20200317_151640061.jpg

RuthlessSupSlayer

I use UPS toilet paper while getting paid, cuts my tp usage down by 71% but after 30 min a week at minimum on the Cosby Mitt Pays more than another pack of tp