Be careful pulling out pkg cars when they are parked inches from the pkg car beside yours.

km3

On our building one of the carwash guy (really old guy) goes around at night painting the trucks back to brown where they had been scratched.
Gotta give the man a reason to justify his salary you know.

We had a washer fired for that. He got his job back on the condition that he didn't perform car wash related work anymore.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We are talking about how stupid it is to park trucks 3 inches apart on each side and trucks parked 10 feet across from you the same way. And idiot management expecting us to verify all air by digging through load while screaming at us to get out. Shall I go on ?
They know it’s a joke also... dragon is just being a dick.... like usual....

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t get why the company tells us to have space on all four sides of the package car, then every morning puts our cars a half inch away from each other. It’s almost like they don’t care about the methods.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don’t get why the company tells us to have space on all four sides of the package car, then every morning puts our cars a half inch away from each other. It’s almost like they don’t care about the methods.
How long have you been here??? Of course they don’t gaf about them....only when it benefits them...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's assume the average width of a package car to be 10'.

Let's further assume that the optimal minimal space between parked cars is 1'.

Decreasing that by 50% for 22 pkg cars (22 * 6" = 132". 132"/12 = 11') would allow you to add an additional car to the lineup with the 6" cushion on each side.

Parking the cars as (safely) close as possible to one another decreases the amount of steps the loader must take in order to do their jobs.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You get spotters who stop traffic ???

There are people who make sure the area is clear so you can drive in.
If you are blocking traffic, you have to move forward and go around the block and try again.
It's definitely an experience.
You have 3 types of feeder drivers there :
1) The ones who will do it on there own and like the challenge of not hitting anything.
2) The ones that will TRY it on there own and use the round building support beams as a fulcrum to wedge the trailer in.
3) The ones who say "screw this" and drop the trailer to let the shifter put it in the bay.
Surprisingly, #2 is encouraged which is pretty funny

You go into there often.... would be cool to see that ..maybe snap a few pics next time???

Not that often, but there is a certain procedure to check in that is unique to other yards.
It's actually an interesting place.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You guys are lucky enough to get 3 inches on both sides?!?! The guy parking our cars is a magician because some days it is impossible to pull cars out without damaging mirror brackets. I don't know how he gets the cars parked the way he does, it's impressive.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are people who make sure the area is clear so you can drive in.
If you are blocking traffic, you have to move forward and go around the block and try again.
It's definitely an experience.
You have 3 types of feeder drivers there :
1) The ones who will do it on there own and like the challenge of not hitting anything.
2) The ones that will TRY it on there own and use the round building support beams as a fulcrum to wedge the trailer in.
3) The ones who say "screw this" and drop the trailer to let the shifter put it in the bay.
Surprisingly, #2 is encouraged which is pretty funny

Not that often, but there is a certain procedure to check in that is unique to other yards.
It's actually an interesting place.
Do do they have an official “yard” like many places we go to or are you coming up the street and backing them in from the street???

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Do do they have an official “yard” like many places we go to or are you coming up the street and backing them in from the street???
Trailers drive onto the ground floor of the building through the wide gates, then they back into the bay.
Package cars drive in and go up a corkscrew ramp that takes them into the higher levels.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Trailers drive onto the ground floor of the building through the wide gates, then they back into the bay.
Package cars drive in and go up a corkscrew ramp that takes them into the higher levels.
Do they have another lot nearby for trailer and employee parking??

ibleedbrown

You guys are lucky enough to get 3 inches on both sides?!?! The guy parking our cars is a magician because some days it is impossible to pull cars out without damaging mirror brackets. I don't know how he gets the cars parked the way he does, it's impressive.

I know some management that get three inches on both sides!!!

Dr.Brownz

wouldn't mean squat...we are talking about the same members who back and hit a building that is hundreds of feet wide, or take off the gutter on someones house! Shall I go on...

....the same management that thought falsifying NDA delivery times to government agencies was a good idea....Shall I go on?

DOK

And if you do hit a car in the morning, stop what you are doing and report it. Face the discipline and don’t be dishonest. You’re a human being and make mistakes, don’t lose your job over it.

And it won’t go any farther up the chain than your center. They’re not going to have an in building accident on their books.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And it won’t go any farther up the chain than your center. They’re not going to have an in building accident on their books.

Depends upon the severity.

We had a kid practically rip the front bumper off trying to park his car at the end of the day. That was reported.