Beard/mustache/goatee

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
You'll be seeing diminishing returns on what you're making down the road. Smith will see to that.

In the meantime, wanna tell us about the wonderful wages your people make?

I'm sure he will see to that. And I don't write the checks, no idea what my boss pays the crew. My job is to crack the whip, which never needs to be cracked.

Which version of shirt do you want?

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My 4 siblings are all male.

You can try to show one of them something but they would all kick your ass.

All of this stems from the religious freedom suit against UPS, right? Just for you, Dave, I'm converting to Islam and will grow the full scraggly beard prescribed by my religion. Hassle me, and you will want to be careful starting your package car in the morning.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My 4 siblings are all male.

You can try to show one of them something but they would all kick your ass.
This is where it stems from.

TTKU
Bring it on cowboy
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1469296368.399170.jpg

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure he will see to that. And I don't write the checks, no idea what my boss pays the crew. My job is to crack the whip, which never needs to be cracked.

Which version of shirt do you want?
You're a true company man indeed. What the heck does your boss even need you for? Cracking a whip that never needs to be cracked, now that really cracks me up. But I certainly could use one of your shirts to wax my car with.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're a true company man indeed. What the heck does your boss even need you for? Cracking a whip that never needs to be cracked, now that really cracks me up. But I certainly could use one of your shirts to wax my car with.

A topped-out UPS driver is making above $70k just in base pay assuming a 40 hour week. Add-in the inevitable OT, and it's well above that figure. I think I need one of his shirts to wipe my ass.

He's a liar.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Not necessarily so.
Dave you're the only one who earns the "average " ups driver salary.

The rest of us outside the BOG work and make OT and 100k or more.

Also factor in the other compensation in vacation, retirement, pension , healthcare etc and it far exceeds what this guy claims he makes more then us supervising a few fedex ground drivers for a owner.

Sorry not buying it.

!Retired!

I have a hard time understanding what the problem is. Get a job elsewhere if you don't like the standards. Plenty of others will conform.
McFelley is right. I'm not complaining. Once they changed the policy and allowed us to have a beard (mustaches were always ok), I grew mine out. Now I want to grow it to 2" long. If the policy says it can only be 1", then so be it, I stop at 1". This particular manager was my manager for 8 years and we never butted heads abut anything. Now I switched work groups (to get a particular route), he challenges me on everything. I asked to see the policy....still haven't. And no, it's not my job to go see what it says. He told me what it is. I just want to see it in writing.

I see this thread has gone the same way every thread goes. Ask a question and 33 responses later........lots of bitching and moaning, but still no solid answer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
McFelley is right. I'm not complaining. Once they changed the policy and allowed us to have a beard (mustaches were always ok), I grew mine out. Now I want to grow it to 2" long. If the policy says it can only be 1", then so be it, I stop at 1". This particular manager was my manager for 8 years and we never butted heads abut anything. Now I switched work groups (to get a particular route), he challenges me on everything. I asked to see the policy....still haven't. And no, it's not my job to go see what it says. He told me what it is. I just want to see it in writing.

I see this thread has gone the same way every thread goes. Ask a question and 33 responses later........lots of bitching and moaning, but still no solid answer.
Now what was the question again

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not necessarily so.

Yes, necessarily so. No middle man is making that kind of money at Ground. I swear, Dave, you need to quit Big Brown and become a contractor. You have the mindset to make it work. Screwing over the unfortunates seems to come easily to you, and Mr. Smith loves unethical people.

Come on over to the Green side.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, necessarily so. No middle man is making that kind of money at Ground. I swear, Dave, you need to quit Big Brown and become a contractor. You have the mindset to make it work. Screwing over the unfortunates seems to come easily to you, and Mr. Smith loves unethical people.

Come on over to the Green side.

I was talking about the OT.

TTKU