Becoming Feeder driver

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Please elaborate cause I didn't get any walkie talkie and I dam sure would like one.
80BC0F22-5E44-4CF2-A948-71D5BCD8D484.jpeg

Look on the dash...

rod

Retired 22 years
You figured out what all those switches and knobs are for yet

When I first started there was a driver who drove a diesel powered P-600 that pulled a gas powered P-600 into Fargo every night from some place in South Dakota. The dash on the diesel must have had 30 toggle switches on it. I asked the driver what they were all for. He said hell he didn't know but that at least half of them weren't even hooked up.

brostalss

1. Weird hours. Can you drive safely thru the night? How you gonna be feeling at 4am?

2. Weird hours. When you start, you could start at 4pm one week, and 4am the next week.

3. Weird hours. How's the wife gonna deal with this? Can she handle you getting home at 6am Saturday morning, and having to sleep most of the day?

That's a pretty easy, adjustment. Weird hours can work to your advantage.

brostalss

Went Feeder 8 months ago. I love it. Best decision I ever made. I came in at the perfect time. Hardly displaced. Never going back to package. About 80 guys below me already. I have more time at home then when I was in package. Three sometimes four day weekends and never using an FHP.

brostalss

A veteran Feeder driver told me this along time ago.

"Your worst day in Feeder is still ten times better then your best day in Package"

So true.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Went Feeder 8 months ago. I love it. Best decision I ever made. I came in at the perfect time. Hardly displaced. Never going back to package. About 80 guys below me already. I have more time at home then when I was in package. Three sometimes four day weekends and never using an FHP.
80 drivers below you in 8 months...that’s insane...

Indecisi0n

Always had nightmares of a emergency line coming off on the HW, brakes locking up and mass carnage. The line popped off last night while going down the highway. I quickly noticed the air pressure going down and was already in the right line so I wa pulled over before the warning light even went off. Easy peasy. I though the air would leak out a lot faster.