Being Labeled a TDU Supporter...

Superteeth2478

I’m a huge anti TDU advocate. However, you basically said :censored2: to everyone. First you need to make a choice. Union or no union. If you care about the membership then I suspect you choose union. That being said, eventually you will have to support a cause or in my case, I support a person. I’ve supported Hoffa since 98. But over the last couple of years including stuff that financially affected me and my friend that I’d rather not get into and especially the issue with Sean being thrown off as chief negotiator, I did change my mind of who I support. And if I’m labeled as TDU for my support of Sean, then I can honestly label the person labeling me a :censored2:.
Of course I'm pro-union, but I hate the factious nature of politics in the union. At the end of the day, I honestly believe everyone has their own agenda, so it's hard to say that I really support any person in particular. I support the union's cause as a whole (to gain better benefits, working conditions, and pay for the membership), rather than particular people, because people and their motivations are what corrupt the union as a whole.

But I do have to say that I voted against Hoffa for the 2016 IBT elections, specifically because what he did to push the supplemental agreements through has no place in a democratic process. Anyone is better than someone who defeats the democratic voting process.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
* It amazes me.... how all of the sudden.... there are all these "contract experts" *

I don't think you need to be a plumber to know what a turd looks like...

This is a tentative agreement which means our bargaining unit agreed to these terms as is but let's the locals go deeper into the contract if they deem it necessary, correct? Why even chance some of this dangerous language making it through?

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

This is a tentative agreement which means our bargaining unit agreed to these terms as is but let's the locals go deeper into the contract if they deem it necessary, correct? Why even chance some of this dangerous language making it through?
Because hoffa is done and he doesnt care. Taylor probably received a new vacation home.

DirtySouth

You do realize it's a tentative agreement, not ratified by the membership yet ?

And the supplements, plus Local Riders aren't finished.

When the final offer is presented and explained;

Then is the time for consideration.

Not before.

-Bug-

* It amazes me.... how all of the sudden.... there are all these "contract experts" *

It amazes me that our "contract experts" working for the package division not only agreed to this TA but are claiming its the best one yet.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You're not TDU.

Sean.... is not TDU.

Fred.... is not TDU.

He is a politician that was denied consideration to replace Walt L on the executive board.

Now, he has an axe to grind for his "perceived" sense of disrespect.

-Bug-
And that is fair. And I respect your honesty

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Not before.

-Bug-

Wait a minute. The tentative agreement was put out for us for right now for “consideration “ what the hell else are we supposed to go off of. This garbage was presented to us with a bow tied to it. Now you tell us to Forgetaboutit. Wtf.

cachmeifucan

I was a member of tdu for 1 year about 9 years ago I think it's a good organization to keep members informed on information that is easier for them to locate and spread. I left because they never helped brother joe crazy ass. We barely agreed but he fought hard for members. In our local both proposals are posted. So Hopefully We Can Meet in the Middle doesn't look like a vote anytime soon they want retro check to work against us all the while they collect interest on our raise .70 cents a hour roughly for over 200000 employees they make out better when we work under old contract

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not before.

-Bug-

It doesn’t take a “contract expert” too see we’ve been duped...

Burr

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

I don't like some parts and even hate some too, but I'm waiting for my Supplement to get done so I can see the whole thing. The Supplement may fill some of the holes left in the Master so I will wait. I don't expect that it will fill all the holes so I will look at the whole package when it comes in. Right now I'm leaning no.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Why is everyone jumping the gun ?
Perhaps it has to do with it being 100 degrees outside, going out with truck stuffed to ceiling front to back with couches , grills , 149 lb boxes , and expecting true improvements and seeing this garbage . Nothing against you personally brother. I respect you .You are a very knowledgeable and great asset to this forum. I apologize if it comes off disrespectful. Not my intention.

DirtySouth

I don't like some parts and even hate some too, but I'm waiting for my Supplement to get done so I can see the whole thing. The Supplement may fill some of the holes left in the Master so I will wait. I don't expect that it will fill all the holes so I will look at the whole package when it comes in. Right now I'm leaning no.

They're going to "fill some holes" in the supplements, that's for sure.

24 hours notice of start change for 22.4's seems to be the plan.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

Not before.

-Bug-

Hopefully we get most of those by the end of next week.

My concern is if they make adjustments to the master after it was already presented to us. Doesn't that just look shady as hell?

Rack em

Made the Podium
For the President of our union to agree with this nonsense means he hasn’t any respect for what we do and go thru each and everyday, this is why only UPS rank and file should be allowed to run for office.
To be fair, the teamsters cover more than just Ups employees. But I get what you're saying and I agree with the idea of it. We should have at least had some rank and file help with negotiations and not had some piece of garbage who worked for Ups 25 years ago lead up the negotiations.