Being told not to do the job I was asked to do

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I was asked to be apart of the safety patrol my center. The manager is a good dude and after the 3rd time he asked I told him Id give it a shot. Before that I was going around before work writing up Anything from Fans to missing lumbar support in the seat, since no one else was. One day I wrote up seven trucks with missing fans in july 2019.(july in Florida)

well my coworkers and I at my center are almost to that relentless florida heat so I did a pretrip this morning and noticed 12 trucks without fans. Three of those the mechanic didnt fix nor acknowledge that it would be scheduled. I was instructed by my BA to do this after I filed a grieve. He said there’s no excuse for us not to have a fan. This evening my sup felt like I was misinformed

B0FE0CD6-562A-400D-A55E-2D5EBBA0D72D.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was asked to be apart of the safety patrol my center. The manager is a good dude and after the 3rd time he asked I told him Id give it a shot. Before that I was going around before work writing up Anything from Fans to missing lumbar support in the seat, since no one else was. One day I wrote up seven trucks with missing fans in july 2019.(july in Florida)

well my coworkers and I at my center are almost to that relentless florida heat so I did a pretrip this morning and noticed 12 trucks without fans. Three of those the mechanic didnt fix nor acknowledge that it would be scheduled. I was instructed by my BA to do this after I filed a grieve. He said there’s no excuse for us not to have a fan. This evening my sup felt like I was misinformed

View attachment 288460

Ask him to explain this at the grievance hearing

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Good. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Keep up the good work.

I just can’t think of why he would say this. With everything going on are they trying to cut spending any way they can. Im pretty sure he’s aware that I filed a grieve for art 18 violation.

542thruNthru

I just can’t think of why he would say this. With everything going on are they trying to cut spending any way they can. Im pretty sure he’s aware that I filed a grieve for art 18 violation.

He's saying it because you're making waves and he doesn't want to deal with it. UPS is always cutting spending. Also UPS hates spending money on fans I'm sure.

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 288460
If your mechanic is anything like our old mechanic was-- he's pissed off all the time anyway.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’ve yet to meet one that isn’t
I’m glad it isn’t just my hubs mechanics. I’ve never had a good experience taking something to the shop to get fixed. Those guys walk around with chips on their shoulders and get pissed off when you ask them to do their job.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

View attachment 288460

If you guys knew how much they expect of us in a 40 hour week you would understand how getting several write ups in all caps Needs fan would piss us off.

We have fleets we are expected to manage, those of us with a package fleet will have 30-45 or so package cars that we are responsible for, it can be quite a bit of work depending on where you are on PMs and such, so we have to prioritize where we spend our time... first priority with writeups is safety and road call items, I am sorry but the only fan that is a Fed item is the defrost.

I do believe that fans would be a good thing, especially for those of you in hot climates, but the company is not going to provide us any extra time to install these, so it may take a long time until the mechanics get to it.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I’m glad it isn’t just my hubs mechanics. I’ve never had a good experience taking something to the shop to get fixed. Those guys walk around with chips on their shoulders and get pissed off when you ask them to do their job.

Feeder drivers have a knack for showing up a half hour before my shift ends with a problem when I have 40 minutes worth of work left to do on a package car that has to be off the red tag list tonight...

According to my district manager I am supposed to fix the center delay (that would be you) and then somehow go back in time and finish my package car he needs off the list and I am not allowed to go into OT.

Drivers don’t seem to get this. We are not allowed to just go into OT like you guys are, we don’t just sit around waiting for something to break, if we need emergency OT we are supposed to make a bunch of phone calls to angry sups at 4 am and have to jump through hoops and listen to people that don’t know how to do our job tell us how we are doing it wrong and that is the only reason We need the OT

That’s why we hate seeing a feeder driver show up

Last edited:

UPSER1987

View attachment 288460

Im in Arizona. Those fans are a waste of time and money. No one uses them here. It’s like turning a hot blow dryer in your face when it’s 112 out. That’s not going to save anyone from heat exhaustion. You should find a more worthwhile crusade to “patrol”.

UPSER1987

If you guys knew how much they expect of us in a 40 hour week you would understand how getting several write ups in all caps Needs fan would piss us off.

We have fleets we are expected to manage, those of us with a package fleet will have 30-45 or so package cars that we are responsible for, it can be quite a bit of work depending on where you are on PMs and such, so we have to prioritize where we spend our time... first priority with writeups is safety and road call items, I am sorry but the only fan that is a Fed item is the defrost.

I do believe that fans would be a good thing, especially for those of you in hot climates, but the company is not going to provide us any extra time to install these, so it may take a long time until the mechanics get to it.

“But it’s all about ME ME ME”!

UPSER1987

Were you talking about a mechanic....or a driver? Lol