Being too under allowed.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AttackedHawk34, Jan 9, 2020.

1. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Some people are just better at this job than others. That's a fact. If you don't speed, don't run, be safe, and follow the rest of the methods but still come in under allowed then that's just the way it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. jimdandy3

jimdandy3 Satan is not an atheist

In a normal day how many people give you a crazy look?

3. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

I guess your name is Rudolph the brown nosed reindeer

4. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

The OR is the biggest mind game ups has ever devised. Imaginary numbers that make grown men run like rabbits all day without eating and pissing in bottles in fear for their lives. It's a chair humping festivity for management. It's sad that most fall for it.

5. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

This. There's a particular bid route I occasionally cover that has an extremely slow driver. If he calls out sick, which happens quite often, and I wind up on his route, I notice the time allowances are much different than if I was put on the route when he scheduled off in advance. When the PDS knows he's going to be off, he jacks the stop count up and alters the time allowances since he figures the cover drivers will go faster.

He figured wrong in my case, and now I don't get put on that route anymore, which is fine, because I hate it and hope it dies. :happy-very:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  6. PASinterference

The pds can't lower the time allowance.

7. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

Should've said raise? Whatever he does the time it takes to go from one stop to the next magically goes down when this driver is out.

8. PASinterference

Are you talking about the Orion time? That can be manipulated. Time allowance can not. Nobody in your center has that power. Otherwise your ors would do it everyday to prevent getting reamed on the conference call every day.

9. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

Maybe its Orion then. I've heard the term "time allowances" and "adjustments" thrown around in the same sentence. Honestly I don't really pay close attention to their numerical jargon and that overly complicated report that all the new guys are huddled around in the morning.

10. PASinterference

I never pay attention to anything that can be manipulated. Just work at a safe pace and screw their numbers. I haven't looked at an operation report in years. I do it by the book, so the report is meaningless to me. They gave up on brainwashing me.

11. quad decade guy

quad decade guy Active Member

If ANY of what you say is true(altering numbers)(we used to call it pencil whipping), this is a HUGE

conspiracy. If a dispatcher can randomly change allowances based on personalities, whims,

who he is sleeping with etc.....we have a big problem. Ironically, the OP will be in mgt. soon

anyway. I have seen so many mgt. fired for just this behavior(altering numbers)(in 40 years).

12. Sometimes i dont even look at the numbers and my on road sup just tells me out of the blue good job which is very rare at UPS. I wouldn't be surprised if they messed with the numbers. It be times when i feel very slow and lethargic on routes and still scratch. I know my methods ain't that darn on point.

13. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

If you walk every stop, drive the speed limit, follow ORION, use your handcart, ACTUALLY take every second of your breaks, and follow as many methods as possible you will literally not give a **** about your numbers or anyone else’s ever again. Annnnd (once on a bid route) will have a lighter workload for the same hours than the cowards and idiots that are balls to the wall everyday.

14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

This right here.

The dispatch supe admitted it to me and another last year. Makes it very difficult to compare one driver to another or even know if you are doing better or worse than the day before.

Right now, on my bid route, I have been running more than an hour over. I am doing the exact same thing I did last summer/fall when I was scratching. I am not working an hour later, getting done at very close to the same time.

They are their numbers, not ours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Not a conspiracy. Building manager and dispatch admitted they can change Orion play by as much as 3hrs depending on who’s on the route.

Who cares tho. Union doesn’t recognize production standards.

16. myback

myback Member

You know what you can do with your numbers right?

17. myback

myback Member

I have slowed down to the point they send drivers to me to take stops off without asking for help because I just don’t care anymore.

18. myback

myback Member

It really messed with management’s head when you want to go back out.

19. myback

myback Member

I’ll show you crazy

20. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Oh Netsua 3:16 is on his training route? The one he scratched every day for weeks? Let’s cut him 25 stops as other drivers are leaving the building. True story