Being too under allowed.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AttackedHawk34, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Considering that per osha/dot, the time we take to drive to and from a lunch location is on the clock, something as simple as breaking up your meal into 3 different spans can easially add 20-30 minutes to the day..... also, not pussing in bottles like a savage and going to the bathroom can also add a other 20-30 minutes. That’s an hour right there. Og drivers use these tricks to keep their stop count down.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

We're not allowed to break up our local lunch break here. Must be a uninterrupted 30min lunch.

3. Faceplanted

We get 1 hour to use how we want, maximum of 3 meal entry points. Must use the full hour. Pretty sure state law has 30 min uninterrupted but I never heard anybody get told anything about it. I usually do 40 min, then 10 and 10

4. 542thruNthru

How many paid breaks you guys get?

5. Faceplanted

None

6. 542thruNthru

Ouch that sucks.

We get to 15min and a 10min if we go over 10 hours.

7. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

LOL what other job do you talk about where getting off around 7:30 or 8pm is an easy or light regular day smh.

8. MrBates

MrBates Active Member

Did you have a big pick up that day? If you did you can easily scratch without even trying.
    They can do a lot of other things to help the driver scratch on a route.

9. Nope the only thing i can say is i didn't follow Orion do to having pretty good area knowledge of the route.

10. Alamo Joe

Alamo Joe Member

Put in your letter.

11. WannaDock?

WannaDock? World Champion

25min paid break with a 5 min unpaid meal here:raspberry-tounge: 1 hour meals are for suckers

12. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

What is this “ since (sense?) of urgency” you talk about?

Not sure I understand.

13. Working at a pace
    Working at the UPS method pace with a sense of urgency. Which on that route was 12 stops an hr for me.

14. A slow boring rural route