Benefits for new Package Handler

working up a sweat

New England Supplement gets full bennies for yourself and family in 6 months. I work in CT. Thats how it worked in 1997 and 2009 ( re-hired). I don't know how the August 2013 contract might of changed this. It depends on what region you in. New England is one of the best regions for bennies compared to other regions.

Moneythehardway

I have long advocated the implementation of a dual wage system for P/T employees wherein employees who opt not to receive the medical benefits receive a higher wage than those who do wish to receive the benefits. There are a number of these employees who still live at home and are still covered by their parents insurance or are single and do not normally take advantage of these benefits.

This is in my opinion an option that would be great and would satisfy all parties working for UPS. I am under thirty years old, in great shape so I would rather an extra $5 an hour (or whatever it would calculate out to be) more than for benefits for the first few years here. Then at a later date I would activate my benefits and minus the $5. Would be good option, I wonder if it is feasible though?