Box Ox

turns out america really likes Public enemy:

Kai Newkirk #NotMeUs
@kai_newkirk

·
3h
An estimated 35,000+ people showed up for tonight's
@BernieSanders
rally in LA. That would make it the largest of the 2020 presidential race. Bigger than any Trump rally. 10+ times Biden's largest. THIS IS THE ENERGY WE NEED TO WIN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Just because Bernie can get people to show up for rallies doesn't mean he can win a national election. His biggest fan demographic has the lowest voter participation rate and his rally crowds are dwarfed by the number of Americans who would not vote for him at the polls.

vantexan

Just because Bernie can get people to show up for rallies doesn't mean he can win a national election. His biggest fan demographic has the lowest voter participation rate and his rally crowds are dwarfed by the number of Americans who would not vote for him at the polls.
If we go into recession anything is possible. Trump does his rallies for a reason. He doesn't want apathy to set in. He'll probably win the States he's supposed to win. Will he win all the ones he has to win? Will any blue States flip for him? If he takes things for granted like Hillary did he might end up as shocked as she was. But he doesn't appear to think it's a done deal yet.

Serf

It did say Supreme Court allowed Administration to use money from The Military Budget to complete the project. Which is a encouraging sign. However, this 14 mile stretch was simply maintenance and replacement upgrade.

newfie

It did say Supreme Court allowed Administration to use money from The Military Budget to complete the project. Which is a encouraging sign. However, this 14 mile stretch was simply maintenance and replacement upgrade.

That 14 mile stretch was one of three links I posted. The other 2 are new construction. too much has been made of replacement wall on the border. in many cases there was almost no wall there so by putting up actual wall on the border you are actually blocking the border where it was not blocked before

Serf

That 14 mile stretch was one of three links I posted. The other 2 are new construction. too much has been made of replacement wall on the border. in many cases there was almost no wall there so by putting up actual wall on the border you are actually blocking the border where it was not blocked before
I suppose it’s all legit. And that’s why you won’t hear the media talking much about it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
alot of your problems is because the govt is absent and the market hasnt filled the void

Examples?

everyone is saying they are guilty so they get a lesser sentence, even when theyre innocent. the ones who demand a jury are made an example out of when they are given long sentences. if everyone asked for a jury, the system would breakdown, its not designed to give everyone a jury.

We have the right to a speedy trial by jury, as affirmed by the 6th amendment. If everyone demanded that right, and the system couldn't provide that, the DA's would have to prioritize and cut low level offenders loose. That should, effectively, nullify most unconstitutional laws.

I've never argued that our justice system doesn't need to be reformed. We face a constant struggle with competing interests here, one of the necessary conditions of a free society. Some interests look to make us less free, and sometimes those interests make headway. Just another thing we have to fight back against.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Examples?

We have the right to a speedy trial by jury, as affirmed by the 6th amendment. If everyone demanded that right, and the system couldn't provide that, the DA's would have to prioritize and cut low level offenders loose. That should, effectively, nullify most unconstitutional laws.

I've never argued that our justice system doesn't need to be reformed. We face a constant struggle with competing interests here, one of the necessary conditions of a free society. Some interests look to make us less free, and sometimes those interests make headway. Just another thing we have to fight back against.
We don't engage @rickyb. That's like fertilizing a weed.

He's the elephant in the room.

rickyb

Examples?

market failure would be healthcare, maternity leave, paid vacation, minimum wage, the whole economic system itself is a failure, non replaceable parts on many consumer goods including batteries on phones, etc.

i absolutely agree with you about the second point about competing interests. we are not one nation under a groove.

rickyb

he is strongest against trump in all the polls and most popular democrat.

rickyb

why is liz still in the race? will she not endorse bernie because of big money shes taken?

Saagar Enjeti
@esaagar

·
1h
Huge. The Democratic party is doing what the Republican party couldn't do. Consolidating around 1 person to stop the anti-establishment candidate
Quote Tweet
Fimr5xJd_normal.jpg

Ali Vitali
@alivitali
· 1h
NEW: The Klobuchar campaign tells me and @amandawgolden the Senator is flying to Dallas to join Vice President Biden at his rally tonight where she will suspend her campaign and endorse the Vice President.
Ken Klippenstein Retweeted

Jasmine Wright
@JasJWright

·
1h
NEWS:
@amyklobuchar
confirms the Senator is flying to Dallas to join
@JoeBiden
at his rally tonight where she will suspend her campaign and endorse the Vice President.

Box Ox

why is liz still in the race? will she not endorse bernie because of big money shes taken?

Saagar Enjeti
@esaagar

·
1h
Huge. The Democratic party is doing what the Republican party couldn't do. Consolidating around 1 person to stop the anti-establishment candidate
Quote Tweet
Fimr5xJd_normal.jpg

Ali Vitali
@alivitali
· 1h
NEW: The Klobuchar campaign tells me and @amandawgolden the Senator is flying to Dallas to join Vice President Biden at his rally tonight where she will suspend her campaign and endorse the Vice President.
Ken Klippenstein Retweeted

Jasmine Wright
@JasJWright

·
1h
NEWS:
@amyklobuchar
confirms the Senator is flying to Dallas to join
@JoeBiden
at his rally tonight where she will suspend her campaign and endorse the Vice President.

I hear Amy has quite the temper. Would love to be a fly on the wall when she and Biden are talking privately and poor Uncle Joe doesn't even know where he is or what he's running for and she gets frustrated with the whole thing.

newfie

I hear Amy has quite the temper. Would love to be a fly on the wall when she and Biden are talking privately and poor Uncle Joe doesn't even know where he is or what he's running for and she gets frustrated with the whole thing.
The consolidation of the more moderate candidates right before super Tuesday is an interesting development.