Best part-time position to bid for at new hub?

X-Man

I live in Visalia,Ca and they're building a hub here which should be done by next summer. I'm a part-time worker in pre-load and deliver Saturday Air. I'm also high in the seniority list. I'm planning to stay part-time and would like to know what are the best positions to bid for at hubs? Do they have part-time driving positions?

542thruNthru

I live in Visalia,Ca and they're building a hub here which should be done by next summer. I'm a part-time worker in pre-load and deliver Saturday Air. I'm also high in the seniority list. I'm planning to stay part-time and would like to know what are the best positions to bid for at hubs? Do they have part-time driving positions?

Yes. 22.4s

I highly recommend it. Denis T made it the best position ever.

X-Man

Yes. 22.4s

I highly recommend it. Denis T made it the best position ever.
How does that work? Cause we don't have those positions at our center yet. I've heard it's 4 hours inside and 4 hours on road. Is that true? Also are you on a separate seniority list than the full-time drivers?

542thruNthru

How does that work? Cause we don't have those positions at our center yet. I've heard it's 4 hours inside and 4 hours on road. Is that true? Also are you on a separate seniority list than the full-time drivers?

Yep all true. Also all you deliver is envelopes and bags of clothes because they need you to hey done to do 1 or 2 pick ups.

polyp

Good insurance, easy paycheck, future pension, and the ability to have a full time job doing something fulfilling with your life.

I wouldn't choose it, but I can see why people might go that route.

It's a pretty popular option here, but our cost of living is pretty low. We've got a lot of higher seniority people who don't even work a second job.

KoennenTiger

Best PT positions here? Clerk. Audit clerk. Shifter. Router. Pick off. Sorter. SPA
Irreg. Pre load. Unload. Loader.

I did almost all of it.

Now here's the king of the list. Full service provider.

Our car washers are not Teamsters here.