Best pen for Daily Logs

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Just got out of week 1 of feeder school and are struggling to get my logs perfect like they want them. What pen does everyone use to do these logs?
I've been using this one for about a year.
thumbnail.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
When I went to feeder training, they could have cared less about that.

My impression was they were more concerned if you could handle the equipment.

They were concerned about me handling the equipment, but I also filled out between 25-30 log shots to get one with perfect lines and perfect corners. This was 8 or 9 years ago and I really believed that I was not going to pass because I could not get a mistake free log sheet. It was insanely frustrating. 1 of the sheets had a smudge because the ruler had ink on the edge. Supe crumpled that one and threw it out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
^^This. I can remember doing one in training, but nobody cared if the lines were perfect. Really, they concentrate on the dumbest things now...
No different than driver school. You could make stops fly off the truck but miss one word of DOK and sorry fail.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wish that was the case but all week I've been yelled at about the log not being perfect. And they gave us one that has to be given to corporate and they said it has to be perfect lines or its a fail.
BS.... some of the guys here don’t even use a ruler and a 6 year old could do a better job than some of these drivers do...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I used a metal ruler and a drafting pen to get my log sheets perfect during training week. I had to do them at night, in the motel room. The one's I did in the feeder office were crumpled up and thrown away. My training supe said on the 2nd to the last day, "You will not fail for anything you do on road, you are doing very well. Your log sheets will be what fail you."
He looked me right in the eye and added, "There is no crying in feeders. Take it back to the hotel and bring it in the morning."
Please tell us you weren’t crying.....

over9five

Staff member
BS.... some of the guys here don’t even use a ruler and a 6 year old could do a better job than some of these drivers do...
They give you guys a ruler? You got grown men there that can't make a straight line?
Sorry, never even heard of anyone using a ruler....