Better raises for part timers

LagunaBrown

Leave the part time pay the way it is and put more money into the premium full time jobs. Too much turnover and the state will force the company to raise to 15. You will thank me when you retire.

43rdst_upser804

Leave the part time pay the way it is and put more money into the premium full time jobs. Too much turnover and the state will force the company to raise to 15. You will thank me when you retire.

Part time employees are the backbone of the company forced to perform more work in a shorter period of time . The reason for turnover is look wages and increase and why wait for state , need living wages now not later

PT Car Washer

Hey, if you're making about $30/hr straight time, and you get overtime after 5...and you're working 10+ hours a day, you come close. Add triples or quadruples into the mix, and you're there. The guy I knew did it.
Top PT rate is over $34/hr. In theory it is doable, but in practice, unless you have a really easy PT job, it would be very difficult to do the whole year. Even with having 7 weeks vacation, which would lower your yearly total. I grossed over $2k/wk during December, but would not want to do it year long.

km3

Top PT rate is over $34/hr. In theory it is doable, but in practice, unless you have a really easy PT job, it would be very difficult to do the whole year. Even with having 7 weeks vacation, which would lower your yearly total. I grossed over $2k/wk during December, but would not want to do it year long.

The guy I knew drove irreg trains for every shift. I'd say that's easy enough.

Cornbread

I have absolutely no clue what to put here
I'm all for raising not only the part time wages but also the guarentee. Start at or around $13...end a 4 year p/t progression at around 16hour

Dr.Brownz

If part timers and The Teamsters didn't let UPS abuse them with "extra work" or "PT cover driver" BS there would be more full time jobs and yall could be living high on the hog.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's not going to happen.
Don't be so negative....it says right in the ups policy book that the safety and wellbeing of their employees are of the upmost importance....more important than anything else in this universe. Why would you ever doubt this??? Time to have a better attitude little mr. Negativity...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If part timers and The Teamsters didn't let UPS abuse them with "extra work" or "PT cover driver" BS there would be more full time jobs and yall could be living high on the hog.
Pt cover driver is a scam...and are not necessary since some places don't use them and do just fine... You are either a full time bid driver or a full time unassigned driver... That's it, those are your two choices...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm all for raising not only the part time wages but also the guarentee. Start at or around $13...end a 4 year p/t progression at around 16hour
Not near enough.
Those jobs are brutal, with much demanded of the employee.
With those dollar figures, the progression should be much shorter if they ever hope to retain anybody.
Perhaps 2 years?