Bid Air Driver Pay

Wheeler

"King"
Its only red circle if you are a non bid air driver. If you bid a job and change classification you are 15 with 4 yr progression
Time spent as non bid driver does count towards progression
That is incorrect for every 4 days of exception air work for 2 years prior the bid award 1 month of progression is given I just went through it and I am top rate after grieving it

Wheeler

"King"
It's funny nobody understands the language . I just spoke to my HR and she's still claiming $28 . So guess I'll just have to wait to see what's on the check. If it's $28 I won't bother HR for a correction . First day out is today . Riding along with a full time so he can show me the ropes .
Top rate for pt bid air driver is $29.34

IJustWorkHere

Thanks for all the insight . I asked my HR if the $28 was starting rate or Top Pay & again she insisted that it’s starting at $28 . I’ll just wait and see what comes up on my check & go from there . I’ll let you all know what comes of this . Again thanks to everyone for trying to help get the right answers .

PT Car Washer

Thanks for all the insight . I asked my HR if the $28 was starting rate or Top Pay & again she insisted that it’s starting at $28 . I’ll just wait and see what comes up on my check & go from there . I’ll let you all know what comes of this . Again thanks to everyone for trying to help get the right answers .
HR has nothing to do with payroll. Their assurances mean nothing. HR's only responsibility is to the company and to fill open employment spots.

IJustWorkHere

Just got my check for training last week and I was paid $29 an hr and $43 overtime . Hopefully this isn’t just pay for training . I’ll keep you all posted . Thanks for all the tips & help . :hi5:

Wheeler

"King"
Just got my check for training last week and I was paid $29 an hr and $43 overtime . Hopefully this isn’t just pay for training . I’ll keep you all posted . Thanks for all the tips & help . :hi5:
That is top rate part time bid air driver pay 29.34 and you will be red circled there if you were to become full time congrats

Looking for some advice. I have 7 years inside hub. I won a part time P.M. air driving Job. Would you guys take this job or will I make more money with overtime inside during peak? And after peak will I get more than 20 hours a week? (that's what I get inside normally)

PT Car Washer

Looking for some advice. I have 7 years inside hub. I won a part time P.M. air driving Job. Would you guys take this job or will I make more money with overtime inside during peak? And after peak will I get more than 20 hours a week? (that's what I get inside normally)
Take the PT PM air route. You can always go back to your Hub job. I doubt if you will be making $30/hr anytime soon working inside the Hub.Plus the freedom of not having some teenage PT sup telling you to hurry up every couple of minutes.

IJustWorkHere

Ahhh ! Tonight will be my first run to the airport alone . For 3 days last week I rode with the guy that usually does the air . But today I’ll be solo for the first time . I know the route , but I guess just newbie jitters are eating at me . Anyhow I’m hoping for a good night . Hopefully I get there on time that’s my biggest worry .

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ahhh ! Tonight will be my first run to the airport alone . For 3 days last week I rode with the guy that usually does the air . But today I’ll be solo for the first time . I know the route , but I guess just newbie jitters are eating at me . Anyhow I’m hoping for a good night . Hopefully I get there on time that’s my biggest worry .
get yourself a coffee though

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't worry if you're not on time-----I'm sure the pilot will patiently wait for you to show up.

PT Car Washer

How far do you have to drive to the airport that you needed 3 days of training? Our airport run is 10 miles and about 20 minutes one way. Ran it everyday last week.

IJustWorkHere

How far do you have to drive to the airport that you needed 3 days of training? Our airport run is 10 miles and about 20 minutes one way. Ran it everyday last week.
I personally didn’t NEED 3 days . I believe that is the norm for new drivers. You are a driver I assume you know the protocol . Lol if not ask your management why new drivers ride along for 3 days . I’m sure they can explain it to you in a way that you understand . Thanks for your inquiry . Hope management is able to help you with your question .

IJustWorkHere

Don't worry if you're not on time-----I'm sure the pilot will patiently wait for you to show up.

Aw come on I know you could have came up with a better sarcastic reply . That one didn’t even move me . Geez ! As a matter of fact please don’t waste any more of your precious time looking for a comeback . You low key lame AF !

IJustWorkHere

That is top rate part time bid air driver pay 29.34 and you will be red circled there if you were to become full time congrats
So I received my check this week but it had no mention of air driver pay on there . It only had my inside rate with hours that I worked for the week . I’m gonna assume that they didn’t pay me for driving seeing how I was just riding along last week . I guess this Thursday I’ll be able to actually see wtf I’m getting paid to deliver this Air to the airport !

Wheeler

"King"
So I received my check this week but it had no mention of air driver pay on there . It only had my inside rate with hours that I worked for the week . I’m gonna assume that they didn’t pay me for driving seeing how I was just riding along last week . I guess this Thursday I’ll be able to actually see wtf I’m getting paid to deliver this Air to the airport !
They may have classified you as a exception air driver instead of a bid air driver you should be steady at air driver rate all the time if you're classed as part time bid air driver