Bid Air Driver Pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by KW323, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

That is incorrect for every 4 days of exception air work for 2 years prior the bid award 1 month of progression is given I just went through it and I am top rate after grieving it

2. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

Top rate for pt bid air driver is $29.34

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My air driver rate is $30.09/hr

4. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

So is mine now but will start at 29.34

5. KW323

KW323 Member

Thanks for all the insight . I asked my HR if the $28 was starting rate or Top Pay & again she insisted that it’s starting at $28 . I’ll just wait and see what comes up on my check & go from there . I’ll let you all know what comes of this . Again thanks to everyone for trying to help get the right answers .

6. PT Car Washer

HR has nothing to do with payroll. Their assurances mean nothing. HR's only responsibility is to the company and to fill open employment spots.

7. KW323

KW323 Member

Just got my check for training last week and I was paid $29 an hr and $43 overtime . Hopefully this isn’t just pay for training . I’ll keep you all posted . Thanks for all the tips & help . :hi5:

8. Wheeler

Wheeler Wheeler

That is top rate part time bid air driver pay 29.34 and you will be red circled there if you were to become full time congrats

9. Matthew511

Matthew511 New Member

Looking for some advice. I have 7 years inside hub. I won a part time P.M. air driving Job. Would you guys take this job or will I make more money with overtime inside during peak? And after peak will I get more than 20 hours a week? (that's what I get inside normally)

10. PT Car Washer

Take the PT PM air route. You can always go back to your Hub job. I doubt if you will be making $30/hr anytime soon working inside the Hub.Plus the freedom of not having some teenage PT sup telling you to hurry up every couple of minutes.

11. KW323

KW323 Member

Ahhh ! Tonight will be my first run to the airport alone . For 3 days last week I rode with the guy that usually does the air . But today I’ll be solo for the first time . I know the route , but I guess just newbie jitters are eating at me . Anyhow I’m hoping for a good night . Hopefully I get there on time that’s my biggest worry .

12. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

get yourself a coffee though

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Don't worry if you're not on time-----I'm sure the pilot will patiently wait for you to show up.

14. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

it is not 28 and hr gives wrong info, she needs to call the union hall

15. PT Car Washer

How far do you have to drive to the airport that you needed 3 days of training? Our airport run is 10 miles and about 20 minutes one way. Ran it everyday last week.