Biden’s Pick For Treasury Post, Wants Coal, Oil and Gas Industries ‘To Go Bankrupt’!

rickyb

What old technologies? Name all the things that depend on petroleum for their production then tell us the new technologies that will produce those products without petroleum. You can't because there aren't any. You can't even produce food in sufficient amounts to feed us without petroleum.
did u notice how fast they came up with a vaccine bc the govt invested heavily in it? like moderna was 100% govt last i checked.

wwII - govt put its mind to transforming the economy into a war economy.

we dont need these 100 year old technologies, its only because we let them perpetuate themselves is why we are still on it. we are already a bit screwed by continuing to use them, and will be much more so long longer we drag it out.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
no they get too much power and then crush tech which wouldve normally replaced it
05726E1C-5ABF-4537-AD24-E639973AA6A3.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
the other problem aside from the one i already listed is our economy is not that efficient

another problem is peoples expectations are so low they still expect to be on these old technologies!
Exactly, I’ve been trying to tell these stupid degrowther communists that we have wonderful new technologies, like the combustion engine.
We don’t need their stupid windmills or want to subsidize their friends that make them at an exorbitant rate through taxation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if those calling for oil's use death really understand that bringing back the horse and buggies also means horse manure will be covering the streets. And on warm days , the smell can be burtal.

did u notice how fast they came up with a vaccine bc the govt invested heavily in it? like moderna was 100% govt last i checked.

we dont need these 100 year old technologies, its only because we let them perpetuate themselves is why we are still on it. we are already a bit screwed by continuing to use them, and will be much more so long longer we drag it out.
And if they rushed those technologies as fast as this vaccine, and it came out as flawed as this vaccine, we would immediately be back in the dark ages.

vantexan

If there was something that worked better for literally hundreds if not thousands of products it would have come out by now. There's not even anything on the horizon that can replace petroleum. And those vaccines? They didn't invent that technology last year. Been around almost 20 years. If we can come up with something that's even nearly as good as oil I'm all for it.

vantexan

I wonder if those calling for oil's use death really understand that bringing back the horse and buggies also means horse manure will be covering the streets. And on warm days , the smell can be burtal.
Not to mention with our population we'd need a lot more horses.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What old technologies? Name all the things that depend on petroleum for their production then tell us the new technologies that will produce those products without petroleum. You can't because there aren't any. You can't even produce food in sufficient amounts to feed us without petroleum.
I wonder if they know how fertilizer is manufactured? You need heat, lots of heat. Man made nitrogen changed the world!

UnionStrong

Petrochemicals are used in pharmaceuticals, clothes, plastics, fertilizers, almost everything we use. What green energy is going to provide that? Answer, none. The idiots want degrowth not prosperity. Death instead of life. Period.

rickyb

If there was something that worked better for literally hundreds if not thousands of products it would have come out by now. There's not even anything on the horizon that can replace petroleum. And those vaccines? They didn't invent that technology last year. Been around almost 20 years. If we can come up with something that's even nearly as good as oil I'm all for it.
no no the US govt fully funded the research for the moderna vaccine last minute bc the drug companies dont bother ahead of time even though they knew better because it wasnt profitable enough.

there are better systems out there. for example you will notice ppl drive unreliable cars when they could drive reliable ones. or people use beats headphones when they could be using better headphones. the best doesnt always get to the top. big oil uses its power to perpetuate itself.

rickyb

And if they rushed those technologies as fast as this vaccine, and it came out as flawed as this vaccine, we would immediately be back in the dark ages.
were headed for something worse than that by letting short term profits of big oil and capitalist be our guiding ethos

rickyb

Exactly, I’ve been trying to tell these stupid degrowther communists that we have wonderful new technologies, like the combustion engine.
We don’t need their stupid windmills or want to subsidize their friends that make them at an exorbitant rate through taxation.
do u know how much we subsidize oil?

btw u cant have infinite growth on a finite planet. however capitalism doesnt grow sometimes like in recessions and it still remains.

public transit is an even better tech than private cars. i dont think even electric cars are that efficient; its capitalist smoke n mirrors.

UnionStrong

no no the US govt fully funded the research for the moderna vaccine last minute bc the drug companies dont bother ahead of time even though they knew better because it wasnt profitable enough.

there are better systems out there. for example you will notice ppl drive unreliable cars when they could drive reliable ones. or people use beats headphones when they could be using better headphones. the best doesnt always get to the top. big oil uses its power to perpetuate itself.
😂😂😂

rickyb

you have extremely low expectations and if u dont believe check out your other positions!