Biden Put Americans At Risk By Trading Dangerous Russian Arms Dealer For Brittney Grinder

bbsam

Staff member
Some Dems not all on board team Biden quest to help LBGTQ folk first?

"The Russians and other regimes that take American citizens hostage cannot pretend that there is equivalence between the Brittney Griners of the world and people like Viktor Bout, the so-called 'Merchant of Death,'" said Senator Bob Menendez, Democratic chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

"We must stop inviting dictatorial and rogue regimes to use Americans overseas as bargaining chips."
And? Hell, I said I would have take Whalen over Griner just because I think getting her back 6 months from now will be easier than getting Whalen back in the future.

Democrats can and do disagree with Biden and the administration. It’s called “not being in a cult”.

🤣

vantexan

She's not spoiled. She's not petulant. She's not a druggie. She's a US citizen that was unjustly held prisoner in a foreign country. The US government was going to work to free her.
Unjustly? Are you of the opinion Americans are supposed to get special consideration? Of course her sentence didn't match the seriousness of her crime. The U.S. is backing the country Russia is at war with. Anyone in a similar situation had better not give them any reason to arrest them. Not smart.

newfie

Do you guys really think the Russians view having a vape pen as a worse crime then spying on the Russian government?
if he was spying which does not seem to fit the narrative or his background in any way then he would be a more equitable trade then a vaper .

vantexan

And? Hell, I said I would have take Whalen over Griner just because I think getting her back 6 months from now will be easier than getting Whalen back in the future.

Democrats can and do disagree with Biden and the administration. It’s called “not being in a cult”.

🤣
Yah, Democrat support of Biden is down to a troubling 93%.

newfie

She's not spoiled. She's not petulant. She's not a druggie. She's a US citizen that was unjustly held prisoner in a foreign country. The US government was going to work to free her.
specifically for her qualities that you don't mention being a celebrity black lesbian athlete.

bbsam

Staff member
Unjustly? Are you of the opinion Americans are supposed to get special consideration? Of course her sentence didn't match the seriousness of her crime. The U.S. is backing the country Russia is at war with. Anyone in a similar situation had better not give them any reason to arrest them. Not smart.
I’d say it goes beyond that and not necessarily having to do with the war. Has to do with celebrity status. If you or I were snatched up in Russia for any petty offense we’d be snatched up with maybe a few news stories throughout our lengthy sentences. Because let’s be honest. Without the Griner story, Whelan’s doesn’t have much fanfare right now across the country.

US citizens are picked up in other countries all the time. I’d say in the vast majority of cases the US government may make a statement or two but mostly stay out of it.

bbsam

Staff member
Yah, Democrat support of Biden is down to a troubling 93%.
Support is far different than worship. I’d say there’s a fair number of democrats who disagree with the Griner decision for one reason or another but generally support the administration. Mostly though, I think most democrats don’t think about Biden very much at all.

On a side note, if Biden has 93% of democrats and it seems independents are strongly turned off by Trump, it’s easy to see why Biden would consider running again.

vantexan

QUOTE="bbsam, post: 5466867, member: 22662"]
I’d say it goes beyond that and not necessarily having to do with the war. Has to do with celebrity status. If you or I were snatched up in Russia for any petty offense we’d be snatched up with maybe a few news stories throughout our lengthy sentences. Because let’s be honest. Without the Griner story, Whelan’s doesn’t have much fanfare right now across the country.

US citizens are picked up in other countries all the time. I’d say in the vast majority of cases the US government may make a statement or two but mostly stay out of it.
[/QUOTE]
Embassy websites warn our citizens to obey local laws because they don't have the power to get them released. Griner is a very minor celebrity in the States and probably received very little attention in Russia until she was arrested. With the sanctions and supplying weapons to Ukraine anyone going to Russia right now assuming he could get in now would be extremely stupid to do anything that would give them an excuse.

newfie

Where was the outrage when Biden got Trevor Reed released from a Russian prison?
where's yours that a celebrity druggie received preferential treatment over a marine who went there for a wedding 4 years ago.
we find ourselves constantly trading killers for tourists with Russia.
we should have blocked all tourism to Russia as soon as it happened the first time.

vantexan

Support is far different than worship. I’d say there’s a fair number of democrats who disagree with the Griner decision for one reason or another but generally support the administration. Mostly though, I think most democrats don’t think about Biden very much at all.

On a side note, if Biden has 93% of democrats and it seems independents are strongly turned off by Trump, it’s easy to see why Biden would consider running again.
It's a joke, have no idea what his support is. But I do see people here defending him all the time as if high gas and grocery prices and millions entering the country illegally among other things are no big deal.

newfie

And those happen to be the reasons you believe she should rot in a Russian prison camp?
She should have waited her turn. Trump turned down trading the arms dealer 4 years ago so we know the russians were willing to trade him for whelan.
instead we jumped her to the front of the line because of those qualities.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1670682351074.png