Bids in other locations

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, I am a big boy and, yes, I can handle a bit of criticism.

W and I work together and although I have no idea who he is I agree 100% with him that you are a very smug and condescending person.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes, I am a big boy and, yes, I can handle a bit of criticism.

W and I work together and although I have no idea who he is I agree 100% with him that you are a very smug and condescending person.

Isn't that why, you elect and pay people like me.... to do the job ?

It can't be for my charming personality.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

-Bug-
Yes- we pay people like you to "attack" members on a forum. As I said- perhaps if we tried to actually be a union again, things could change. Didn't say kinder, gentler union. I would hope you agree that bickering with each other doesn't help. Also- you may believe that the Teamsters are the greatest thing since sliced bread. You also, at times, act as if you are the only one "fighting" to uphold contracts. Not everyone shares your sentiments though. Again- if we work together this union actually could be great.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

-Bug-

If I indeed did vote for you I am sure it was because I did not take the time to read your bio or perhaps you were part of a slate and I figured the others could carry your dead weight while in office.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well this got derailed slightly. Just to make sure you all know.....i did say dumb question so theres that

As I previously stated....

There are no dumb questions. Thanks for asking.

As I said- perhaps if we tried to actually be a union again, things could change. Didn't say kinder, gentler union. I would hope you agree that bickering with each other doesn't help.

We have a differing opinion, on what a Union is.

Also- you may believe that the Teamsters are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pretty much.

If you could do better.... you would be somewhere else.

You also, at times, act as if you are the only one "fighting" to uphold contracts.

Off the top of my head, I can think of others.

@LeadBelly2.0

@wide load

@hyena

@Bubblehead....

-Bug-

* I apologize, if I can't list all the good Union Members *

LeadBelly

Banned

Pretty much.

@LeadBelly2.0

@wide load

@hyena

@Bubblehead....

-Bug-

At least I beat @Bubblehead on the list. Lmao
I'm feeling the solidarity, and I appreciate you all. The problem lies with others not understanding what each person goes through in being a unionist, sometimes me included.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes- we pay people like you to "attack" members on a forum. As I said- perhaps if we tried to actually be a union again, things could change. Didn't say kinder, gentler union. I would hope you agree that bickering with each other doesn't help. Also- you may believe that the Teamsters are the greatest thing since sliced bread. You also, at times, act as if you are the only one "fighting" to uphold contracts. Not everyone shares your sentiments though. Again- if we work together this union actually could be great.
Every union member for themselves!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Pretty much.

@LeadBelly2.0

@wide load

@hyena

@Bubblehead....

-Bug-

So- your opinion of what a union "is" and who the good members are is the only opinion that counts. Good to know. If someone does not log in here and ramble on about how great the Teamsters are, that means they are not a good union member? It would appear that it is pointless to try to have a conversation with you. Just remember that you are not the only Teamster that comes here. (If you are a Teamster). You can be anybody that you want to be in the internet. Hope you have a great day. And I hope your arm does not get sore. That last bit was an attempt at humor.

LeadBelly

Banned
So- your opinion of what a union "is" and who the good members are is the only opinion that counts. Good to know. If someone does not log in here and ramble on about how great the Teamsters are, that means they are not a good union member? It would appear that it is pointless to try to have a conversation with you. Just remember that you are not the only Teamster that comes here. (If you are a Teamster). You can be anybody that you want to be in the internet. Hope you have a great day. And I hope your arm does not get sore. That last bit was an attempt at humor.
If you have never been in a position of leadership you just don't understand what he means, no offense. In a perfect world everyone would get a chance to understand, but there are not exactly an army of viable candidates. Being a steward or officer is somewhat of a thankless job. I don't mean nobody thanks you, or you deserve all the thanks in the world. I mean that the positives don't always match up with the negatives.

Look at it like this. Your wife doesn't understand how hard you work at ups. You don't do here job either, I am presuming that you both aren't package car drivers. She doesn't understand how sore your are, or the stress, and how about those black boogers that you blow out of your nose? This is a vise versa scenario for you.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you have never been in a position of leadership you just don't understand what he means, no offense. In a perfect world everyone would get a chance to understand, but there are not exactly an army of viable candidates. Being a steward or officer is somewhat of a thankless job. I don't mean nobody thanks you, or you deserve all the thanks in the world. I mean that the positives don't always match up with the negatives.

Look at it like this. Your wife doesn't understand how hard you work at ups. You don't do here job either, I am presuming that you both aren't package car drivers. She doesn't understand how sore your are, or the stress, and how about those black boogers that you blow out of your nose? This is a vise versa scenario for you.
Actually I understand clearly. But sometimes it would seem nobody else can have an opinion. I am not bashing BUG or the Teamsters. I am simply saying we could make things better if we all came together. As a union. If that means I am a bad union person, then I don't know what to say. And you fellas may not believe this, but the union is much different in the various locations. Maybe it is very strong where you are. Maybe it is very weak where I am. I apologize for having an opinion (that isn't in lockstep with the head muckity mucks of the Teamsters). Have a great evening.

LeadBelly

Banned
Actually I understand clearly. But sometimes it would seem nobody else can have an opinion. I am not bashing BUG or the Teamsters. I am simply saying we could make things better if we all came together. As a union. If that means I am a bad union person, then I don't know what to say. And you fellas may not believe this, but the union is much different in the various locations. Maybe it is very strong where you are. Maybe it is very weak where I am. I apologize for having an opinion (that isn't in lockstep with the head muckity mucks of the Teamsters). Have a great evening.
Don't apologize, I appreciate your perspective. We can always learn something from others in other areas, as well as experiences. I believe I remember in the past that you were in upstates local. This seems like a different world. I hope you have a good weekend as well brother. No disrespect, or hard feelings. You've been around this forum, and I appreciate your opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't apologize, I appreciate your perspective. We can always learn something from others in other areas, as well as experiences. I believe I remember in the past that you were in upstates local. This seems like a different world. I hope you have a good weekend as well brother. No disrespect, or hard feelings. You've been around this forum, and I appreciate your opinion.

Trust me, he is not apologizing.