Big Brown comes in last place

F

florida guy

he probally felt just like all of got tired of being pressured by his superivisors trying to squeeze evey last drop out of him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I went to foxnews.com and on the "front page" was a big picture of Big Brown......not the winner's picture.

yuhjnm

yuhjnm
060708_bigbrownloss1.jpg

tieguy

Banned
Wierdest horse race I ever saw. I don't think they tried to win the belmont. I think desmoureaux held him back and protected him so he would be able to collect on his 100 million stud fees.

upsgrunt

I kind of had a bad feeling when the trainer "guaranteed" the victory and the triple crown on the walk from the barn to the track. That's something you don't do. To have confidence is one thing, and is not bad, but to literally guarantee a victory almost always jinxes you.

Iggyiam

I kind of had a bad feeling when the trainer "guaranteed" the victory and the triple crown on the walk from the barn to the track. That's something you don't do. To have confidence is one thing, and is not bad, but to literally guarantee a victory almost always jinxes you.

true

Rantmuse

Cog for the man
Wierdest horse race I ever saw. I don't think they tried to win the belmont. I think desmoureaux held him back and protected him so he would be able to collect on his 100 million stud fees.

I would hope he held him back out of integrity and compassion. He pulled him up the moment he saw the horse had nothing left... knowing the horse had a freshly patched fracture in his left forehoof...coupled with his trainer's pre-race chest pounding... I think Desmoreaux made the ethical move under the circumstances. He questioned the soundness of the horse when he didn't perform as expected and reined him in. That's not a good jockey, that's an exemplar human being.