Big Strike expected in Louisville

CoolStoryBro

22.3's don't have those protections either.

The vast majority of 22.3's aren't allowed to work more than 8 hours per day. They have never needed those protections. And they don't deliver ground. These new 22.4's will be abused. Shift volume to the days they are working and hose them for 11-14 hours per day. And leave less volume for us ground drivers working m-friend.

The vast majority of 22.3's aren't allowed to work more than 8 hours per day. They have never needed those protections. And they don't deliver ground. These new 22.4's will be abused. Shift volume to the days they are working and hose them for 11-14 hours per day. And leave less volume for us ground drivers working m-friend.
They have them chasing misloads from here to China or bringing out bulk that wouldn't fit into the package car.

SafetyFirst

You mean the same part timers that don’t want FT, that don’t vote and that sure as hell don’t want to drive? Why is your steward running a parking lot meeting and not your BA?
All drivers at the meeting before start. No part timers, think they talked afterwards. BA is selling new full time jobs to part timers. That's clearly the angle the company is taking on this contract.

dogs.bite.me

You seem like a reasonable guy. How much profit should this company make? This isn't a loaded question, I just want your answer.
The company makes more than 5 billion in profit. They just hide it by upgrading hubs etc.

I understand that the upgrades are needed, but do you think it's coincidence they waited til now to do all these expensive upgrades. I think it's to hide some of their profit during negotiations.

22.4 jobs are a farce the more I hear about them. Just hire more full time drivers. Why do we need this hybrid position?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
gwgenerati
0C729920-8EA8-44E1-8F84-03374BD1D950.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have been told in Atlanta that the Master is very close to being wrapped,but the supplement is still far apart.

542thruNthru

This is exactly right!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our meetings have been mainly PT workers. They know this contract is mainly geared towards them. They voiced opinions that they didn't work PT 7-10 years to be paid less then us.
Exactly. While this contract may look good to new employees (those who don't work here yet or have a vote) part timers that have been here awhile are gonna feel they just got sold out again.

Brownslave688

I want them to make how ever much profit they can after paying anyone that delivers ground top rate.

The company over works us as it is and will do the same to 22.4 works. They deserve the same protection(9.5, 8hr requests) and pay as a FT driver.

Sorry but that's my reasonable answer.
No 9.5 protection

No limit on the hours they can drive

Both things I have heard are part of 22.4. Both things that essentially just make them lower paid package car drivers.

If it looks like :censored2: and smells like :censored2: guess what it's :censored2:.

542thruNthru

No 9.5 protection

No limit on the hours they can drive

Both things I have heard are part of 22.4. Both things that essentially just make them lower paid package car drivers.

If it looks like :censored2: and smells like :censored2: guess what it's :censored2:.

This is exactly what they are except UPS can make them load if they want. Which lets be honest that will only be for a couple hours. Then out to del a 10 hour day at less pay.

Brownslave688

All drivers at the meeting before start. No part timers, think they talked afterwards. BA is selling new full time jobs to part timers. That's clearly the angle the company is taking on this contract.
And you know what their angle is? More ft pension monies. In parts of the country they have completely :censored2:ed up the pensions. They see the storm coming and are trying to save their ass.

Don't fall for it guys. The stock market has been rolling the last few years. If your pension isn't in good shape now it's never gonna be. They can pump all the new money they want at it and as soon as the market takes a hard turn down they are :censored2:ed.

iruhnman630

Is anybody at the negotiating table paying attention to the voices of the rank and file??

THE TWO-TIER DRIVER IDEA WILL GET VOTED DOWN IN FLAMES!!