Big Strike expected in Louisville

F

Frankie's Friend

The money UPS saves on misloads alone would support a higher PT wage.
We dont recognize standards and Corp does not recognize "misloads".

However, they create their own storms shoving it down the loaders throats every day and worse when the stock drops.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is anybody at the negotiating table paying attention to the voices of the rank and file??

THE TWO-TIER DRIVER IDEA WILL GET VOTED DOWN IN FLAMES!!
I think this may be part of the hold up right now.

Taylor: we are gonna have to scrap 22.4 drivers. No way it will pass.

UPS: IT WAS YOUR :censored2:ING IDEA!!!!

livin the dream

I could see the need for hybrid drivers to retain more hub workers. but yes it will absolutely get abused. just their cute way of eventually lowering top rate

wilberforce15

The money UPS saves on misloads alone would support a higher PT wage.

And this is where UPS messes things up because they compartmentalize all their decisions. They treat damages or misloads as if they are disconnected from hours or pay rate.

One saved damage more than makes up for one PT guy's pay to be doubled. One saved misload saves enough for his pay to be doubled. One guy staying for five years saves enough money for his pay to be doubled (vs. hiring 10 guys at six months each).

Paying well and operating well will put us well ahead of this penny-pinching while dollars fly out the window.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
All UPS management has been notified to not plan any vacations in august in preparation for the biggest strike in history.
Tin soldiers and Abneys comin', we're finally on our own. This summer I hear the drummin', gonna be a strike come August one...Gotta get back to it..gotta get your feet on the ground..

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Let's just think about this for a moment
If those within the company echelon of upper management has any contact with current reality, they will come to realize that a strike will destroy UPS as a whole.
They might have diversified their holdings to survive as UPS. But as a package delivery company there will be nothing left that the public will trust.
OH
and let us not forget the shareholder
because without them we might still have good working conditions or at least better ones.
They will not be happy losing all that money

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I think this may be part of the hold up right now.

Taylor: we are gonna have to scrap 22.4 drivers. No way it will pass.

UPS: IT WAS YOUR :censored2:ING IDEA!!!!
My thinking is that they will change it. Have us think it will ruin FT driving jobs and sqweek out a “22.4 on Saturdays and or sundays only.” Still a bullcrap psych job.

Brownslave688

Let's just think about this for a moment
If those within the company echelon of upper management has any contact with current reality, they will come to realize that a strike will destroy UPS as a whole.
They might have diversified their holdings to survive as UPS. But as a package delivery company there will be nothing left that the public will trust.
OH
and let us not forget the shareholder
because without them we might still have good working conditions or at least better ones.
They will not be happy losing all that money
It would hurt ups for sure but the small package shipping industry has become too big for ups to cease. We couldn't handle all of FedEx or usps volume just like they couldn't handle ours.

Now why they'd attempt to push this hard during a contract that so obviously pushes in the teamsters favor is beyond me.

Nike

Lovin this Caste system ups is trying to implement, part time drivers, hybrid drivers, full time drivers, air drivers, part time hub employees, full time hub, pt supervisor, full time sup, etc. No wonder peoples crap comes late everyday, it amazes me we manage to deliver anything.

Tony Q

They can make all they want but as long as that profit is going up we shouldn't give on anything.
So if you get a better pension, healthcare and the current amount of package car driver jobs get red circled you are losing something. I know you have probably negotiated some cars and all, but you have to understand there are other variables. Some of these variables are that the competition all pay a lot less than UPS, especially on the weekends.

Brownslave688

So if you get a better pension, healthcare and the current amount of package car driver jobs get red circled you are losing something. I know you have probably negotiated some cars and all, but you have to understand there are other variables. Some of these variables are that the competition all pay a lot less than UPS, especially on the weekends.
We've been hearing that ups drivers make too much for 20+ years now. It's a broken record. Yet every year they manage to make more and more money.

When the company can prove that employee cost is being prohibitive to them making any money then I'd be open to a pay freeze or even a paycut.

Here's a little hint though as long as they are handing out 10% dividend increases every year they have no argument for reduced pay in my book.

Brownslave688

The teamsters went in with a stronger bargaining position than we've had in decades and this is the :censored2: sandwich we get served? The biggest single concession in the history of our agreements. I mean come on.

Tony Q

We've been hearing that ups drivers make too much for 20+ years now. It's a broken record. Yet every year they manage to make more and more money.

When the company can prove that employee cost is being prohibitive to them making any money then I'd be open to a pay freeze or even a paycut.

Here's a little hint though as long as they are handing out 10% dividend increases every year they have no argument for reduced pay in my book.
Once again I caution you. You are jumping the gun. You should really look at the fine print before you go off all half cocked.

Tony Q

You mean the fine print that ups will abuse the :censored2: out of starting August second?
They figure out a way to do this with every contract. Even the Great Strong Fred Z and Sean O's members get treated like this. That is why members need to file grievances. One of the worst concessions I have ever witnessed is that a certain local has had 6 hour full time jobs for over a decade. And this local is a major reform local.