Big Thanks & Shout Out to the IBT...GREAT CONTRACT

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How long have the pilots been working without a contract ? or did they settle?

this is coming right down to the wire and just like Trips said......maybe by design. it makes you wonder. don't jump the gun until you know all the facts of this contract.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have to see all the changes.
If we give up day after thanksgiving, what do we get in return?
The one day a week report for our health insurance, back to one report a month or 1 report every 2 weeks?
Do we get the healthcare with no deductible?
What is it now? $200 deductible a year?
How was the issue for 9.5 handled?
It seems there are very few positives being presented to us at this point.
The reports for healthcare should be based off of H&W payments.

Example: here if we work one day a month the company pays a full months H&W payments on your behalf.

How if you're teamcare are you gonna sit there and tell me. Yes we received payment on your behalf but no you're not covered.

IS THAT EVEN LEGAL!!!!

Returntosender

Whats the punch line?
F4C946A7-6C56-474C-808B-A02614B3A884.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How long have the pilots been working without a contract ? or did they settle?

this is coming right down to the wire and just like Trips said......maybe by design. it makes you wonder. don't jump the gun until you know all the facts of this contract.
Ummm this morning you said it was an amazing contract. Ups gave in because you walked the picket like in 97.....which is it?

Are you seriously that desperate for interaction?

Returntosender

Yea great idea, make up your mind before you know the facts.
Last contract we were even aware medical was changing to one punch a week for coverage. After the ratification then the one punch was revealed.

Therefore we can safely assume something changed and we won’t find out till after ratification.

Non sequitur

85000 base pay for ft and 51000 base for hybrid at the end of proposed contract. If this grows the business should be win win as far as wages. 9.5 for delivery should be automatic with opt out for those who want it. RUBBER stamp the rest, with local issue exceptions.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well the $34 won't apply til 2022? For starters.

I know, just too lazy to look up/calulate the starting wage, so I just used that to get the point across. I stand against devaluing ground delivery labor any way, shape or form. If there is language in the contract that allows the company to pay ground drivers less under any circumstances, they will abuse it and try to apply it to other situations. It's just like the way they completely warped the helper language to justify paying golf cart/bicycle drivers less than ground wages, not to mention using pvds.

The ground delivery driver job as it is now will eventually cease to exist unless we stand our ground now. We must refuse to pass a contract the devalues our labor.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

85000 base pay for ft and 51000 base for hybrid at the end of proposed contract. If this grows the business should be win win as far as wages. 9.5 for delivery should be automatic with opt out for those who want it. RUBBER stamp the rest, with local issue exceptions.
22.3 jobs traded in place of the genetically altered 22.4 jobs?

With an hour and half split in the work? Whatever.

I just got a Dominos pizza and the pizza maker told me he got another job starting tomorrow making $16.00/hr plus full medical benefits from day 1.
Non union.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
How did they lower your pay?
2.9% inflation Einstein!

Then your an idiot. $4.15 an hour over five years during boomin economy, record profits, and massive tax cuts sucks a huge dick IMO. No effing way I vote yes, let alone on all the other issues.
WOW! That about nails it entirely!

How much do you expect to make delivering online orders?
Sold your soul when you went into management didn't ya?

Who’s taking a paycut?
See #1 delbert.

No, agreement states they have to maintain current number of driver jobs throughout life of the contract.
Nope, I haven't seen that put into writing. Just like 4/5 of the shirts, make :censored2: up on the fly, "facts be damned!"

No I will not but yet again WE haven’t seen the agreement, you’ve already decided your vote though.
Wonder why that is?
Yes it’s above my reading level. If we received a $4.15 raise over 20 years than I’d see your argument. We are by far the highest paid in our line or work, it’s not even close. Yes we work harder I get it.
Whats this "we" :censored2: comrrad? As for the "we work harder" crap. I have yet to have 1 in management keep up with me step for step. Its always at about 2 in the afternoon they stop trying to keep up with me and just struggle to get out of the seat belt and truck and out of my way quick enough! They become like the gas cap, I know every time I look they will be right there at the truck no matter how far away the delivery point is!

It was in the UPS proposal posted on here, I doubt the union took that out.
FACTS BE DAMNED!