Big Thanks & Shout Out to the IBT...GREAT CONTRACT

Chester

Who said i dont, or others dont? How big is your building? How often do you ser your BA? Are all your drivers, feeders, shifters, part timers in the union? Does most of your building think the union is a joke? You seem to work in the perfect building where everything goes to plan. You also from what ive seen in the past 5 minutes dont answer questions, you respond with more questions and are argumentative.
Then why does it keep happening if you file? Our BA stops by weekly, most of our building stands behind our union. We have around 80 FT drivers, yes all are in the union, odd question. Building is far from perfect but we stick together.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If this happens, I would seriously CONSIDER getting out of the Union!
I've actually been seeing this from A LOT of people in right to work states.

That's about the only thing I like about right to work. It gives workers another way to hold their union accountable.

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

Then why does it keep happening if you file? Our BA stops by weekly, most of our building stands behind our union. We have around 80 FT drivers, yes all are in the union, odd question. Building is far from perfect but we stick together.
Well lucky you, in my building there is 250 drivers, across the street theres another building with 70 drivers, 10 miles away there is another building with 100 drivers. Our BA has been in our building less than 3 times this year. There are lots of people in every classification here that arent in the union because they dont feel like they do anything. You can file all day long, ask the country how filing 9.5s has changed anything.

Chester

So, is it reasonable to say that one of the reasons why you like this contract is for the simple fact that these new hybrid jobs will help relieve you from going over 9.5 and that is why you are voting yes on it?
If I’m at 9.2 one day and have 30 stops left and a hybrid shows up to take those you think I’m gonna be sad? A huge concern with members was 9.5, can’t have it both ways. I just wish hybrid made top scale.

Pullman Brown

If I’m at 9.2 one day and have 30 stops left and a hybrid shows up to take those you think I’m gonna be sad? A huge concern with members was 9.5, can’t have it both ways. I just wish hybrid made top scale.

And that is where the disagreement is in all this! We all are going to vote based on what is best for us personally, and I understand that, but we should also consider other reasons for voting then just our personal choices!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes, I’m a driver in local 710. We file and get paid, if UPS abuses you or the contract it’s your own fault for letting it happen.
So you're telling everyone it's such a great deal. Wait til we see the language and your local walked out on negotiations Monday because they think it's such a crap deal.....

Chester

And that is where the disagreement is in all this! We all are going to vote based on what is best for us personally, and I understand that, but we should also consider other reasons for voting then just our personal choices!
If it helps the 9.5s I’m good with it, except for the pay scale.

Chester

So you're telling everyone it's such a great deal. Wait til we see the language and your local walked out on negotiations Monday because they think it's such a crap deal.....
You haven’t seen it and you think it’s a crap deal, it clearly states pension and healthcare was improved, we already make a great wage, vacations, benefits etc. Are you friends with DS or something?