BIGGEST ASPECT OF MANAGEMENT THAT IS OVERLOOKED

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
349AF61A-A539-49F1-802B-980CBAABFED3.gif
i bet this is a bored mr.jingles/monketbutt/10 other members. to stir the pot.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I respect the fact that UPS gives people second chances. There are a lot of people that for whatever reasons, have led them into a downslope. People with a history of drugs and/or alcohol abuse can get jobs. But the problem comes when they are moved up to supervisors. Now, we all know that UPS does not drug screen new hires. They do drug screen those that are being promoted to Supervisors. We know that they can pass a drug test easily. Now, we have these Supes are manipulative, have mood swings and therefore makes the work environment harsh. We need a climate change at UPS. I know many people will not agree that there clearly needs to be more drug testing. But then, UPS wouldn't have as many employees. It would greatly be reduced to 40%? That's my percentage, what's yours?
Don't worry about it. The drugs take care of the problem.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
So much wrong on the first two pages on this thread. Except my ecstasy post, this is true.

Wife is a nurse and works two jobs, her friends mostly do the same. Not because they need too, just the money is so good. Per diem at another hospital and another owns her own business.

Wife was also a traveling nurse before going full time at her last place. They almost doubled her salary going full time but traveling nurses don’t do bad at all, rent is paid for you if your company is good.

I work per diem armed security, it’s true you get a higher rate of pay because you don’t get benefits but I have set days and hours per week. Additional shifts get offered to you as needed but my days are my days. Per diem in the right field is lucrative, pays all my bills and more.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Clearly, you know everything. Mr. Know it all . Enjoy your day..
You're probably not a real nurse if you have a second job. Most likely a "PCA." Which is a part time job. If you're and RN like my wife you make damn good money and work about 36-45+ hours a week 12hr shifts with different days off every week. As bad as my schedule is at UPS I can tell you there isn't time to work a second job as an RN.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
You're probably not a real nurse if you have a second job. Most likely a "PCA." Which is a part time job. If you're and RN like my wife you make damn good money and work about 36-45+ hours a week 12hr shifts with different days off every week. As bad as my schedule is at UPS I can tell you there isn't time to work a second job as an RN.

Says who?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you're a liar.

Box Ox

I respect the fact that UPS gives people second chances. There are a lot of people that for whatever reasons, have led them into a downslope. People with a history of drugs and/or alcohol abuse can get jobs.

They only do it because such desperate/vulnerable people make great fodder for the meat grinder.