Biggest UPS Driver Hit Piece Of The Year?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The needs of someone with autism and a severe seeing problem is not more important than some veterans, even though you may disagree.
Shame on you, for believing your daughters needs outweigh someone else's.
This isnt about importance, it is about the level of training required to do the job.
Service dogs that assist the blind or autistic or people prone to siezures or low blood sugar require a far greater level of training than emotional support dogs.
A service dog that makes a mistake can cause the death of its owner, whereas an emotional support dog will not.
Veterans need and deserve and ought to be provided with emotional support dogs, and such dogs ought to be accomodated on public transport or in apartments.
But “emotional support” has in fact become an abused and overused status for pets whose owners are simply using it to circumvent rules prohibiting pets in certain areas.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well said. Nobody should believe ones service dog (for a kid with autism) is more important than others, say a veteran with ptsd...

lol

The needs of someone with autism and a severe seeing problem is not more important than some veterans, even though you may disagree.

Obviously, you have no knowledge or experience with people with autism. The needs are equally important.

Maybe you should just go back to selling shoes.

watdaflock?

This isnt about importance, it is about the level of training required to do the job.
Service dogs that assist the blind or autistic or people prone to siezures or low blood sugar require a far greater level of training than emotional support dogs.
A service dog that makes a mistake can cause the death of its owner, whereas an emotional support dog will not.
Veterans need and deserve and ought to be provided with emotional support dogs, and such dogs ought to be accomodated on public transport or in apartments.
But “emotional support” has in fact become an abused and overused status for pets whose owners are simply using it to circumvent rules prohibiting pets in certain areas.

A service dog that's there for the veteran with ptsd may save multiple lives, in today's NRA gun-loving world. The specific training may be different, but the value (to some) is even more.
The amount of veterans in America; home of the free, well-armed and medicated by all sorts of vices for ptsd is far greater than people with medical conditions that are detectable by dogs.

Keep in mind PTSD effects all victims; police officers and survivors of mass-shootings.

I do agree some may abuse and overuse the support animal status, but ptsd is nothing to dismiss.

Obviously, you have no knowledge or experience with people with autism. The needs are equally important.

Maybe you should just go back to selling shoes.

Obviously you need to work on your attentive skills. Maybe you should just go back to being a :censored2:bag.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
A service dog that's there for the veteran with ptsd may save multiple lives, in today's NRA gun-loving world. The specific training may be different, but the value (to some) is even more.
The amount of veterans in America; home of the free, well-armed and medicated by all sorts of vices for ptsd is far greater than people with medical conditions that are detectable by dogs.

Keep in mind PTSD effects all victims; police officers and survivors of mass-shootings.

I do agree some may abuse and overuse the support animal status, but ptsd is nothing to dismiss.

Obviously you need to work on your attentive skills. Maybe you should just go back to being a :censored2:bag.

Whoa!

Tough guy.

watdaflock?

Never said their needs are not equally important. All I said was, one is not more important than the other.
Pay attention cosmo1.

Hope this helps.

Brown Down

Of course, whatever head-case your daughter supposedly has for the make-belief need of a service dog is a lot more important, than some veteran doing the same thing.

ffs

Well said. Nobody should believe ones service dog (for a kid with autism) is more important than others, say a veteran with ptsd...

lol

OH so now you believe my daughters needs are legit huh?

And for another I clearly stated the difference in the dogs as did scratch in greater detail which you obviously neglected to read so shame on you.

And if you actually read the damn story and knew the breed there is no way in hell that a corgi/chihuahua mix can help with vertigo. Vertigo is a condition.where you have no sense of balance so how can a 1.5 foot at most dog help? Thus it had to be for emotional support which falls under an entirely different category.

So before you tell me shame on me how about you read and research instead of assuming.

watdaflock?

Right. If it's on the internet, it must be true. I apologize for saying your daughter has a "make-belief" condition.
As for how a corgi helps with vertigo, that's up to the experts. Not people who work for ups.

"This dog can also be trained to help with anxiety. Deep Pressure Point Therapy training works well. The dog is taught to use his weight to apply pressure on certain parts of their handler which creates a calming effect."
Possibly having a small lap dog helps with the calming effect.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Right. If it's on the internet, it must be true. I apologize for saying your daughter has a "make-belief" condition.
As for how a corgi helps with vertigo, that's up to the experts. Not people who work for ups.

"This dog can also be trained to help with anxiety. Deep Pressure Point Therapy training works well. The dog is taught to use his weight to apply pressure on certain parts of their handler which creates a calming effect."
Possibly having a small lap dog helps with the calming effect.
I think that @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U would agree with me when I say In not a joke like manner that you really screwed the pooch with that comment.....no pun intended...;)

Zowert

I wonder if this is a combat veteran. My old man was a Marine (rifleman) in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive. He always denies having PTSD but still wakes up in the middle of the night screaming from time to time, some 50 years later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
hey upsers, i know this isnt the right thread, but saw it is active, so ,legit question i am pkg driver in st. louis and all of sudden 12 out of 28 drivers in our center growing beards. get a alteration to dress code form from hr. and stop shaving,is this the end to our beloved assinine ups?
Yep. Beards are the end of this company. Better quit and find a new job. There’s no way our drivers with beards can can compete with the neck tattoos of fedex and the felonies of amazon. It’s over.

DriverNerd

Nobody should believe ones service dog (for a kid with autism) is more important than others, say a veteran with ptsd...

You completely missed what he said. He never said his daughter's Service dog was more important than a veterans Service dog. He said an Emotional support dog is not the same thing. My son is autistic and might one day benefit from an Emotional support dog, but he is high enough functioning (with no major physical disabilities) that a Service dog would not be needed. There is a clear distinction between the two. People requiring Service dogs (including veterans that do) have very serious conditions which could lead to great harm or death without their companions training.

I believe this veteran has PTSD (and it is a serious condition) and his dog helped him deal with it, but grouping his dog is the Service category is a disservice to those animals trained to be.