Black Friday Holiday Pay?

coinw33

I'm Part-time Employee, we work on Black Friday but different employees tell me its paid holiday and time 1 1/2 pay for the day. Some employees saying its regular day, no paid holiday and regular pay rate.

I asked shop steward and he doesn't know. He gave me number of BA but he never answers the phone (I feel like I'm harassing him now for how many times I've tried calling lol).

I'm under Western Supplement and Southwest Rider.

Gman33909

For new hires, should be time and half but not double pay, have to be in for 1 year for holiday pay and double time for working holidays

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@coinw33 : If you otherwise qualify for holiday pay, the way I read the Southwest Package/Sort Rider (page 262); you get the holiday pay and 1 1/2 pay for hours worked.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You have no clue who you're talking to
34156E30-7A79-4856-8B84-333C6432C142.gif

Oh we heard all about you.

542thruNthru

I'm Part-time Employee, we work on Black Friday but different employees tell me its paid holiday and time 1 1/2 pay for the day. Some employees saying its regular day, no paid holiday and regular pay rate.

I asked shop steward and he doesn't know. He gave me number of BA but he never answers the phone (I feel like I'm harassing him now for how many times I've tried calling lol).

I'm under Western Supplement and Southwest Rider.

@coinw33 : If you otherwise qualify for holiday pay, the way I read the Southwest Package/Sort Rider (page 262); you get the holiday pay and 1 1/2 pay for hours worked.

@hondo is right on the money as always. Assuming you've been with the company 1 year if not than it's just OT for hours worked.

coinw33

Thank you for this. Will use page for reference if anything goes wrong.
@hondo is right on the money as always. Assuming you've been with the company 1 year if not than it's just OT for hours worked.
Yes, more than 1 year.