Blocking Streets

Zowert

That’s when I clock out and take my lunch

If the DIAD let me take my meal early I might’ve done that.

This lady didn’t even live on the street let alone block that I was on. She saw me stopped w/ flashers on and could’ve turned to go down the next road a block over but nope! Just had to go THAT way. Kinda felt like she had a grudge with UPS or something.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
yes.

take the high road and ask the person if they are having a bad day and you know what they are going through.you'd be surprised at the reaction because most of the time you can see them relax and say yes , they are having a bad day and will then tell you about it.

it's not you so don't take it personal. it could be that they are about to be fired from their job, there was a recent death in the family , a impending divorce maybe , problems with the kids , severe financial problems. etc etc etc

99 times out of a hundred it is not because of something you did. they have serious problems in their lives and you are just easy to lash out at.

Zowert

She would probably appreciate UPS buying her a new car if you did.

I don’t know what kind of new car she could get with $700 because that’s about what her car is worth. However I’m sure she’d sue for much more. Anyway I’d never pull a stunt like that, I’ve got a kid to put through college.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@Zowert

The best advice anyone here could give you, is don't engage in conversation with people like that.

Do your job and follow the methods (like you did). Some people are trying to bait you.

I can't remember his YouTube name.... one guy drove around looking for UPS drivers

to :censored2: with and video them, just to put it on the internet.

Carry on driver.

-Bug-

Zowert

@Zowert

The best advice anyone here could give you, is don't engage in conversation with people like that.

Do your job and follow the methods (like you did). Some people are trying to bait you.

I can't remember his YouTube name.... one guy drove around looking for UPS drivers

to :censored2: with and video them, just to put it on the internet.

Carry on driver.

-Bug-

Thanks.

Now I’ve got to find this UPS baiter, lol. I’ve heard of people baiting police for videos, but UPS drivers..?! Good god.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
yes.

take the high road and ask the person if they are having a bad day and you know what they are going through.you'd be surprised at the reaction because most of the time you can see them relax and say yes , they are having a bad day and will then tell you about it.

it's not you so don't take it personal. it could be that they are about to be fired from their job, there was a recent death in the family , a impending divorce maybe , problems with the kids , severe financial problems. etc etc etc

99 times out of a hundred it is not because of something you did. they have serious problems in their lives and you are just easy to lash out at.
Call me crazy, but I’m betting that he could not care less whether she’s having a bad day or not. If he wanted to have that discussion he’d probably rather have it with his wife. The man’s just trying to deliver some packages, not play psychiatrist to a random lunatic.

Indecisi0n

What is the worst behavior you’ve seen while on the road?

Much of my route consists of very narrow two way roads where cars are parked on both sides, so there is only enough room for traffic to drive down it one way at a time. I’m constantly having to stop and block the road to make my delivery. Most other cars on the road will see my lights flashing and take the next block over to get wherever they’re going (unless they live on that street).

Today I ran into my first problem doing this, a woman in a Honda Civic raced up the street and stopped about a foot from my front end and hits her horn just as I was shutting my bulkhead door with a few packages in hand. I made eye contact with her and she yells “are you gonna move?!” I smile and hold up a finger as to say ‘one minute’. She must’ve taken it the wrong way because she laid on her horn the ENTIRE time I was delivering. I finish up and hop back in the driver’s seat; buckle up, mirror out, ignition on, break off, flashers off....

She is still sitting there, expecting me to back up or something. Not gonna happen, “Lady I’m not going to back all the way up the block, you’re closer to an intersection than me. Please...”

“friend you! What gives you the right to block traffic!?!”

“Okay we can sit here as long as you’d like ma’am, I’m getting paid by the hour.”
After a few minutes she finally got the clue and backed out of my way. But not after calling me every name in the book and threatening to have me fired.

Has anyone run into any trouble while blocking some self-important jerk’s path?
Was she hot?

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I work in Jersey, people here flip you off, cut you off and yell at you randomly anyways. Give them excuse, yeah it’s going down.

Had quite a few moments with car warriors. They won’t dare get out their cars and say half the stuff they say though.

Indecisi0n

yes.

My response would have been.

:censored2: you bitch. Learn to calm the :censored2: down and chill. You don't own this :censored2:ing street. So take your :censored2: car and back the :censored2: up before you get smacked the :censored2: up.

Last edited:

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Next time just moonwalk up the driveway and do the robot before you get into the car then she'll leave you alone.

You either got to be nice or fight crazy w/ crazy.