Blocking Streets

iruhnman630

I had a similar situation on a one-way road, with a lady honking her horn and yelling at me that she had written down my truck number and she was going to get me fired...

But the best part was the lady who lives there yelled back at her, "why are you acting like a petulant child?"

Zowert

I had a similar situation on a one-way road, with a lady honking her horn and yelling at me that she had written down my truck number and she was going to get me fired...

But the best part was the lady who lives there yelled back at her, "why are you acting like a petulant child?"

How DARE you talk back to that woman! She is obviously more important than you. You are lucky she didn't call David Abney up on his personal phone and have you terminated. /s

Indecisi0n

No. She looked like she was strung out on meth, her teeth were gnarly. Unfortunately there is a part of my route that's a known drug area. I see quite a few women around here that would be attractive if they didn't have a drug problem.
Just wear two condoms...

KoennenTiger

No. She looked like she was strung out on meth, her teeth were gnarly. Unfortunately there is a part of my route that's a known drug area. I see quite a few women around here that would be attractive if they didn't have a drug problem.

Yeah but if they were they'd quickly become a single mom thug bebe single mom before showing up to preload in yoga pants

Big Babooba

What is the worst behavior you’ve seen while on the road?

Much of my route consists of very narrow two way roads where cars are parked on both sides, so there is only enough room for traffic to drive down it one way at a time. I’m constantly having to stop and block the road to make my delivery. Most other cars on the road will see my lights flashing and take the next block over to get wherever they’re going (unless they live on that street).

Today I ran into my first problem doing this, a woman in a Honda Civic raced up the street and stopped about a foot from my front end and hits her horn just as I was shutting my bulkhead door with a few packages in hand. I made eye contact with her and she yells “are you gonna move?!” I smile and hold up a finger as to say ‘one minute’. She must’ve taken it the wrong way because she laid on her horn the ENTIRE time I was delivering. I finish up and hop back in the driver’s seat; buckle up, mirror out, ignition on, break off, flashers off....

She is still sitting there, expecting me to back up or something. Not gonna happen, “Lady I’m not going to back all the way up the block, you’re closer to an intersection than me. Please...”

“friend you! What gives you the right to block traffic!?!”

“Okay we can sit here as long as you’d like ma’am, I’m getting paid by the hour.”
After a few minutes she finally got the clue and backed out of my way. But not after calling me every name in the book and threatening to have me fired.

Has anyone run into any trouble while blocking some self-important jerk’s path?
Tell them to pound sand. UPS stands for Unlimited Parking Spots.

DOK

What is the worst behavior you’ve seen while on the road?

Much of my route consists of very narrow two way roads where cars are parked on both sides, so there is only enough room for traffic to drive down it one way at a time. I’m constantly having to stop and block the road to make my delivery. Most other cars on the road will see my lights flashing and take the next block over to get wherever they’re going (unless they live on that street).

Today I ran into my first problem doing this, a woman in a Honda Civic raced up the street and stopped about a foot from my front end and hits her horn just as I was shutting my bulkhead door with a few packages in hand. I made eye contact with her and she yells “are you gonna move?!” I smile and hold up a finger as to say ‘one minute’. She must’ve taken it the wrong way because she laid on her horn the ENTIRE time I was delivering. I finish up and hop back in the driver’s seat; buckle up, mirror out, ignition on, break off, flashers off....

She is still sitting there, expecting me to back up or something. Not gonna happen, “Lady I’m not going to back all the way up the block, you’re closer to an intersection than me. Please...”

“Okay we can sit here as long as you’d like ma’am, I’m getting paid by the hour.”
After a few minutes she finally got the clue and backed out of my way. But not after calling me every name in the book and threatening to have me fired.

Has anyone run into any trouble while blocking some self-important jerk’s path?

Just tell them me blocking the street isn’t a problem when I’m delivering stuff to your House is it.

DriverNerd

Not much you can do with people like that. I parked (and blocked) 3 cars while doing a delivery in a busy parking lot. Very quick delivery - 2 packages, no cart. Blocked 3 cars that had no one in them (on purpose). Did my delivery (must have been 30-45 seconds total) and when I came out a lady was in one of the cars telling me I shouldn't be blocking cars. I just said, "I'm leaving now" - not another word. I felt really bad she had to wait that long 15 seconds for me. :rolleyes:

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I blocked this guy’s driveway while I went to go deliver to his neighbor. He came out of the house and said “Hey can I ask you a question?” He then went on to rant about how UPS drivers think we own the road, are discourteous and think we can do whatever the **** we want.

The whole time he was talking, I was scrolling through my DIAD trying to plan out the rest of my day. When he finally stopped talking, I looked at him and said “I’m sorry, what was your question?” That pjssed him off even more, I smiled and walked away.

Future

Victory Ride
I blocked this guy’s driveway while I went to go deliver to his neighbor. He came out of the house and said “Hey can I ask you a question?” He then went on to rant about how UPS drivers think we own the road, are discourteous and think we can do whatever the **** we want.
UPS....unlimited parking spots

The whole time he was talking, I was scrolling through my DIAD trying to plan out the rest of my day. When he finally stopped talking, I looked at him and said “I’m sorry, what was your question?” That pjssed him off even more, I smiled and walked away.

Heavy Package

I’m constantly having to stop and block the road to make my delivery. Today I ran into my first problem doing this.

giphy.gif

Zowert

Tough??? @Indecisi0n is the biggest wimp here!!! Notice how he didn't use three points of contact when exiting the vehicle? From the drivers side I might add!

For some reason this reminds me of a random pedestrian who tried to tell me it was illegal for me to drive with both of my package car doors open...