boise idaho driver wait list

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How many runs did you guys have out of sparks??? The transfer language has been around for a couple of contracts but like you you go to the bottom of the oncall board...I have known quite a few in package that transferred into my old building and some that transferred out...so it does happen often
3 years ago we had around 105 runs. 177 feeder drivers. probably more now. transfers were very rare .I'm talking. Reno, Sacramento, and Bay Area. Maybe there were transfers within the Bay area. The last 10 years or so I was either just going to Sac , North past Alteras , or Eastbound from Sparks with triples.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Feeder can't transfer to another feeder in a different local. If your in feeder and you transfer you go to whatever center as the bottom seniority package driver. Sorry ol road i dont know you. But all your specifics about the job are wrong. I dont know why anyone would lie about working here but it sounds like you have no clue what your talking about. Transfers have also been around for a long time. Much longer then 20 years.
we have had feeder driver transfer to Sparks when outlying satelite hubs closed. Alturas closed and we got 3 more drivers from there. Different local. Change of operations where feeder work came to us from for example Salt Lake City. work came to us and one of their feeder drivers had the option to follow work different local.

I was in a different local in California and did a hardship transfer to Sparks, NV different local.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
when someone on the BC asked about a transfer I try to help from my own experience or what the contract says. when i retired 3 years ago I threw my contract books out but I do remember what I went thru to get a hardship transfer from out of my origin district.

now some of my facts may be wrong but i have no reason to lie about it. there must be other members here from Sacramento, Sparks , or the Bay area to clarify the language on transfers.

They are not very common in my neck of the woods. hardship transfers are extremely rare. change of operations where feeder work is being moved is more common. drivers have the option to follow that work without losing seniority but that is not the case with a hardship or just a flat out transfer if no work is moving.

in those cases you go to bottom of board. From what i understand , the original poster of this thread just wanted a transfer . good luck with it. it's true if the company will not transfer you , you would have to quit and apply at the new hub and start all over again. it's quite a gamble.

if i were to do that i would go to a hub that needed feeder drivers tight away as have been mentioned here or where there was a short wait.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
we have had feeder driver transfer to Sparks when outlying satelite hubs closed. Alturas closed and we got 3 more drivers from there. Different local. Change of operations where feeder work came to us from for example Salt Lake City. work came to us and one of their feeder drivers had the option to follow work different local.

I was in a different local in California and did a hardship transfer to Sparks, NV different local.
Salt lake is building a large hub and there’s talk of their feeder Dept growing quite a bit... not sure how much of that is ups taking loads off the rail and running them into the I-5 corridor to service the west coast...I’m really interested to see what these sleeper runs they mentioned in this new contract will bring in regards to jobs and such...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
all i know about the sleeper teams is that they will never retire. if you can handle it , it's a great gig. the best pay and you hardly ever have to deal with management. that's the real attraction.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
all i know about the sleeper teams is that they will never retire. if you can handle it , it's a great gig. the best pay and you hardly ever have to deal with management. that's the real attraction.
But they run hard out there and going over the Rockies in winter is no joke

sandwich

The resident gearhead
fake sandwich
Zach-Galifianakis-Thumbs-Up.gif

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
there must be other members here from Sacramento, Sparks , or the Bay area to clarify the language on transfers.

They are not very common in my neck of the woods. hardship transfers are extremely rare. change of operations where feeder work is being moved is more common. drivers have the option to follow that work without losing seniority but that is not the case with a hardship or just a flat out transfer if no work is moving.

in those cases you go to bottom of board. From what i understand , the original poster of this thread just wanted a transfer . good luck with it. it's true if the company will not transfer you , you would have to quit and apply at the new hub and start all over again. it's quite a gamble.
Maybe to help clarify a few things...

I just retired from NorCal UPS. Transfers are limited to our small little region. From Sparks to the east, SF in the west, about Bakersfield south, and I'm not sure how far north. The rest of California is part of the 13? states that make up the Western Conference, which apparently allow transfers within those states. Over the years I've seen lots of transfers from within our region. Never saw one from outside. If you do take a transfer, to the bottom of the seniority list you go. Number of weeks and company seniority is the only thing you retain. Follow a moved route or feeder run, your seniority follows you.

Most transfers we saw were from drivers leaving San Fran. No wonder why! It was just announced that you are considered below the poverty level if you make less than $117,000 a year. Ouch!

3 years ago we had around 105 runs. 177 feeder drivers. probably more now. transfers were very rare .I'm talking. Reno, Sacramento, and Bay Area. Maybe there were transfers within the Bay area. The last 10 years or so I was either just going to Sac , North past Alteras , or Eastbound from Sparks with triples.
BTW, does Sparks still have mileage runs that go down to Independence Ca. and layover runs to Ontario Ca

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
BTW, does Sparks still have mileage runs that go down to Independence Ca. and layover runs to Ontario Ca
probably. i have been retired for 3 years.so not sure . we also had layover runs to salt lake city. all of the lay over drivers had very high seniority and they could have retired years ago.

but why should they when they only work 3 and a half days a week? and some of them hog the extra easy weekend runs to sacramento for time and a half or double time.