boise idaho driver wait list

rod

Retired 22 years
Someone please post this for @olroadbeech so she will stop spreading inaccurate information that she believes is knowledge. I believe she has me on ignore ;) People need to remember that not everywhere is the same.
View attachment 199358 View attachment 199359

Nothing like that in Central States at least not when I worked. The only way to get to a different center anywhere was to quit and hope you get hired at the location you wanted to go. I never heard of anyone transferring anywhere. The only exception was to follow your route if it was moved to another center.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This is 100% incorrect. Are you sure you worked at UPS. I transferred out of state no problem. Put my name on the transfer list and h.r. called me 8 months later asking if I still wanted to transfer to Washington. So now here I am in the PNW.
did you read my whole post.? I said i was not 100% sure since my transfer and info was from 20 years ago when i transferred.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Before I retired 3 years ago I was meeting a driver every night coming down from Boise and exchanging triples. He told me they were hiring feeder drivers off the street they needed them so bad.

probably changed by now . but it may be worth it if you don't have much seniority , you would have to quit and be hired up there. it may be worth taking a trip up there and ask questions.

the cost of living is rising up there because Californians are moving there in droves. My daughter lives up there and about 5 years ago they bought a new 3/2 home for 100k.
Boise is getting expensive with the surge of families moving there... it’s actually becoming very desirable with all of the outdoor activities and world class skiing...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nothing like that in Central States at least not when I worked. The only way to get to a different center anywhere was to quit and hope you get hired at the location you wanted to go. I never heard of anyone transferring anywhere. The only exception was to follow your route if it was moved to another center.
Drivers can transfer to different buildings in the west... because we are all in the same western conference pension plan and we do get people who have transferred... one of the top places people want to transfer to is Hawaii... there are dozens and dozens of drivers who have their name on the list for the couple different locations on the islands and afaik nobody has been granted that opportunity to go there yet...

542thruNthru

Drivers can transfer to different buildings in the west... because we are all in the same western conference pension plan and we do get people who have transferred... one of the top places people want to transfer to is Hawaii... there are dozens and dozens of drivers who have their name on the list for the couple different locations on the islands and afaik nobody has been granted that opportunity to go there yet...

Had a driver last year actually get the ok to transfer to Hawaii. He had to turn it down last min for personal reasons. The other problem was he was expected to fly out and work in 1 week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Had a driver last year actually get the ok to transfer to Hawaii. He had to turn it down last min for personal reasons. The other problem was he was expected to fly out and work in 1 week.

So if a guy did actually transfer to Hawaii is the bottom guy just laid off or let go permanently? I would think Hawaii would be full of 35 year+ drivers except for Honolulu which is a :censored2: hole.

MAKAVELI

That can't be true. Hawaii's cost of living is worse than California.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Where did you transfer from and to???
from California hub to Sparks, nv

that state to state in western conference must be fairly new. the contract language used to say a transfer could only happen WITHIN the district unless it was a change of operations and the work was moving out of district or out of state. in that case a drive or drivers could follow the work and not lose seniority.

In my case it was a hardship transfer and it took over 3 years to get it. the hardship was a terminally ill family member that needed us to be there to take care of them. and i went to bottom of seniority list in feeder. it was a hit (about 5 years lost ) but was necessary. it turned out well. I was on call or on the relief list for about 5 years before getting bid runs.

fuh

542thruNthru

So if a guy did actually transfer to Hawaii is the bottom guy just laid off or let go permanently? I would think Hawaii would be full of 35 year+ drivers except for Honolulu which is a :censored2: hole.

I haven't read the language completely because I'm not looking to transfer but I believe...

They have to have a opening and it's considered the outside hire for the 6-1 ratio.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I'm sure it is. Just think it's funny that so many claim California is too expensive but yet so many want to transfer to Hawaii.
I'm sure most decline the offer. I do know a lot of the people on the list for Hawaii are die hard surfers who live in so cal.