boise idaho driver wait list

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I believe that law only applies to purchases in 1978 and prior.
It was passed in 1978, still in effect. Prop 13

The proposition decreased property taxes by assessing property values at their 1976 value and restricted annual increases of assessed value of real property to an inflation factor, not to exceed 2% per year. It also prohibited reassessment of a new base year value except for in cases of (a) change in ownership, or (b) completion of new construction.

I don't know. I didn't. I left in 2016. My property taxes were 8 grand a year for my town house. Then I received a supplemental property tax bill in the mail for 3800. That was about it for me.
Wow, how much did you pay for that town house? My home was recently appraised at $700,000 and I paid $4300 in property tax for 2017. Of course, I originally paid $225,000 in 1999, and prop 13 is what saves my butt tax-wise.

You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming out of CA trying to get me to move to Idaho, or pretty much most other places. Bag on CA all you want, don't care.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

The proposition decreased property taxes by assessing property values at their 1976 value and restricted annual increases of assessed value of real property to an inflation factor, not to exceed 2% per year. It also prohibited reassessment of a new base year value except for in cases of (a) change in ownership, or (b) completion of new construction.

Wow, how much did you pay for that town house? My home was recently appraised at $700,000 and I paid $4300 in property tax for 2017. Of course, I originally paid $225,000 in 1999, and prop 13 is what saves my butt tax-wise.

You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming out of CA trying to get me to move to Idaho, or pretty much most other places. Bag on CA all you want, don't care.
It's 1.25% of your home's value. If you just got your home appraised for 700,000 you should be paying about 8300 a year in property tax

MAKAVELI

Yeah what I meant is that property taxes are not truly capped. But reassed on current value.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
It's 1.25% of your home's value. If you just got your home appraised for 700,000 you should be paying about 8300 a year in property tax
No.
California's property tax rate is 1%. Then you add in special bonds and assessments that my county voted in. My rate is 1.5%.

Prop 13 means you pay tax based on your purchase price, not current value. The state is limited to a 2% value increase per year. I've lived there 18yrs, so they can only assess my homes value at +36% while the true value is +311%. $225,000 + 36%= $306,000 x 1.5% = $4590. My $225,000 was rounded up, it was $222,something, I don't remember off the top of my head. As far as the state of CA is concerned, my $700k home is only worth $306k. I know everybody likes to think taxes are soooo high in CA, but prop 13 keeps things in line. Yes, taxes will be high for the guy that buys a $700,000 house.

You quoted my post, but did not read it fully.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
in 1996 when we bought our home the property tax was 1200 a year. just like beer in brown says the rate is 1% because of prop. 13. then you add school bonds, garbage , town services etc. that adds another 400 bucks or so. then every year everything goes up about 50-100 dollars depending on new bonds for a pool or library or such.

it's not too bad. last year we paid 2800.

better than Incline Village just 20 miles away in Nevada. Homeownere there are paying 30,000 -40,000 or mor in property taxes on homes that average 1 million dollars in value or more. Many of these older millionaires still work just to pay their taxes.

I would def move if that were our case. If it became that way all over which it will someday for our children and grandchildren I would sell and buy a motorhome. But they would find a way to tax that also.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
from California hub to Sparks, nv

that state to state in western conference must be fairly new. the contract language used to say a transfer could only happen WITHIN the district unless it was a change of operations and the work was moving out of district or out of state. in that case a drive or drivers could follow the work and not lose seniority.

In my case it was a hardship transfer and it took over 3 years to get it. the hardship was a terminally ill family member that needed us to be there to take care of them. and i went to bottom of seniority list in feeder. it was a hit (about 5 years lost ) but was necessary. it turned out well. I was on call or on the relief list for about 5 years before getting bid runs.

fuh
How many runs did you guys have out of sparks??? The transfer language has been around for a couple of contracts but like you you go to the bottom of the oncall board...I have known quite a few in package that transferred into my old building and some that transferred out...so it does happen often

Coldworld

60 months and counting
White families who are comfortable with a white super majority. Yeah....
What are you so angry about? Your not trying to move there.....

you in northern or SoCal??

sandwich

The resident gearhead
How many runs did you guys have out of sparks??? The transfer language has been around for a couple of contracts but like you you go to the bottom of the oncall board...I have known quite a few in package that transferred into my old building and some that transferred out...so it does happen often
Feeder can't transfer to another feeder in a different local. If your in feeder and you transfer you go to whatever center as the bottom seniority package driver. Sorry ol road i dont know you. But all your specifics about the job are wrong. I dont know why anyone would lie about working here but it sounds like you have no clue what your talking about. Transfers have also been around for a long time. Much longer then 20 years.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Feeder can't transfer to another feeder in a different local. If your in feeder and you transfer you go to whatever center as the bottom seniority package driver. Sorry ol road i dont know you. But all your specifics about the job are wrong. I dont know why anyone would lie about working here but it sounds like you have no clue what your talking about. Transfers have also been around for a long time. Much longer then 20 years.
fake sandwich

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hardship transfers but not western conference transfers.... they started a few contracts ago... definitely not 20..

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Hardship transfers but not western conference transfers.... they started a few contracts ago... definitely not 20..
You sure?? Long time driver family member who just retired always talked about transferring. Ever since I was a little kid. I'm in my mid 30's now

brown_trousers

No.
California's property tax rate is 1%. Then you add in special bonds and assessments that my county voted in. My rate is 1.5%.

Prop 13 means you pay tax based on your purchase price, not current value. The state is limited to a 2% value increase per year. I've lived there 18yrs, so they can only assess my homes value at +36% while the true value is +311%. $225,000 + 36%= $306,000 x 1.5% = $4590. My $225,000 was rounded up, it was $222,something, I don't remember off the top of my head. As far as the state of CA is concerned, my $700k home is only worth $306k. I know everybody likes to think taxes are soooo high in CA, but prop 13 keeps things in line. Yes, taxes will be high for the guy that buys a $700,000 house.

You quoted my post, but did not read it fully.

I am seriously jealous of that prop 13. my property taxes have almost doubled in the last 6 years

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You sure?? Long time driver family member who just retired always talked about transferring. Ever since I was a little kid. I'm in my mid 30's now
I’ve been here 25+ And am almost positive...but they always have had hardship transfers since I’ve been here