Bonus Babies: You are ruining UPS!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve you never answered my question.
Sorry, I forgot to answer. Yes they do print out all of my posts. There is no freedom of opinion and/or right to express one's self, even on the internet. Well I guess I am free to work somewhere esle if I want.:dissapointed:

I think that was Heckfire, Steve.
LOL, good one. I like the beer filled ovah.

still crying i see,,remember the job is easy to some people,, and i only have 3 years left for full,, im allready eligible for 25 and out,, so HAH,, you and steve keep cryin about how bad you got and how all bonus drivers are gonna get hurt and fired and were the problem boo hoo
I'm not really upset about anything other than the fact that even though you have run for your entire career you're making it bad for other drivers. It won't be possible for another driver to meet the standards YOU have set for that route or any particular route that you RUN. Dispatch will see your impossible numbers as the norm and this will set the next driver up for failure. 9 out or 10 drivers won't be able to keep up YOUR pace and will either get injured, cause a collision, burn out or just give up.

That is why I have a problem with what you're doing. I know that your family is important, just as mine is. I have stuff I'd like to get done during the week as well. I'm sure that I could smoke my route and get done and be home for the hot supper and family time, but I REFUSE to do this on a daily basis. Once in awhile is fine, but they'll keep adding stops because you're a dynamo and eventually one of those above things will happen. I guess you're just an extraordinary UPS'er.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I'm not really upset about anything other than the fact that even though you have run for your entire career you're making it bad for other drivers. It won't be possible for another driver to meet the standards YOU have set for that route or any particular route that you RUN. Dispatch will see your impossible numbers as the norm and this will set the next driver up for failure. 9 out or 10 drivers won't be able to keep up YOUR pace and will either get injured, cause a collision, burn out or just give up.

That is why I have a problem with what you're doing. I know that your family is important, just as mine is. I have stuff I'd like to get done during the week as well. I'm sure that I could smoke my route and get done and be home for the hot supper and family time, but I REFUSE to do this on a daily basis. Once in awhile is fine, but they'll keep adding stops because you're a dynamo and eventually one of those above things will happen. I guess you're just an extraordinary UPS'er.

why yes,,and also very handsome thank you

Overpaid Union Thug

still crying i see,,remember the job is easy to some people,, and i only have 3 years left for full,, im allready eligible for 25 and out,, so HAH,, you and steve keep cryin about how bad you got and how all bonus drivers are gonna get hurt and fired and were the problem boo hoo

Maybe with all the extra time you'll have during retirement you can find the time to grow up.

hdkappler

Bonus babies are ruining our center. Management wants to cut routes and work everyone 9.5+ hours daily and you greedy fools are making it easier for them to do so. When you run and work through your lunch (EVEN IF JUST PART OF YOUR LUNCH!) in order to get done early and make more bonus you are actually bringing the amount of stops your routes, or the routes you run, need to plan down. PLEASE STOP!

Its so bad in our center that many drivers will hover around the OMS after they clock out and wait for them to upload the OR so they can see "how they did" and some even call the center later after they are home to get the same info. Pretty bad huh? The funny thing is that most of these bonus drivers are the same ones that will complain when their routes get "extra" work added to them. GEE! I wonder why thats happening???
:happy2:the new ups does't appreciate the bonus babies.or when you run an hour under.before i retired our last c.m. was bitter and a hateful person.don't work off the clock.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
:happy2:the new ups does't appreciate the bonus babies.or when you run an hour under.before i retired our last c.m. was bitter and a hateful person.don't work off the clock.

Yep, they think that your "stealing" time by getting all that bonus. just wait until they "change" your allowance one day so they dont have to pay you the bonus..dont laugh its happening.

SWORDFISH

In my experience the more pieces you have the more you take a hit on allowance. Apparently delivering 1 pieces is about the same speed as delivering 8.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In my experience the more pieces you have the more you take a hit on allowance. Apparently delivering 1 pieces is about the same speed as delivering 8.

yep, I have heard mgt say that large pickups do not have enough allowance...hmm, so what does that tell you. Hell, Im at a stop and busting my ass to get 100 pkgs into my truck and I get 2 minutes to do it...personally the numbers game is 80% of what is wrong with the company as far as Im concerned. The econony goes south and the first thing that happens is that a "virtual" time study happens and people loose time. Oh no, your 9 hour say is now 7.5 we cant let you go out an underload....its an integrity issue. I would have more respect for ups if they just told everyone they had to cut some routes out and that was it...dont insult drivers who bust their ass who know their routes that they are not going fast enough after in some cases have been scratching or bonus for years....I know it doesnt matter but there are some major moral issues here

JonFrum

. . .Once a person is retired the onus is upon the managers of the retirement fund to manager returns on money invested over the lifetime of the employee. . .
Believe it or not, in multi-employer funds, the onus is on the contributing employer(s) for as long as the retiree(s) and surviving spouse(s) live.

Fund managers should try to make a good return on fund assets, but that isn't always possible, and can't be mandated by law. Any time there is a shortfall, the contributing employer(s) are legally obligated to increase contributions, pay an excise tax to the fund, or make a Withdrawal Liability payment.

Of course, employers will try to pass as much of the burden off onto employees in future contract negotiations, but legally employers are the ones on the hook.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This surcharge that Jon speaks of for multi-employer funds in critical status is 5% for the initial year of critical status and can rise to 10% for each year thereafter until the contribution rate is renegotiated in the next contract.

CharleyHustle

"It won't be possible for another driver to meet the standards YOU have set for that route or any particular route that you RUN. Dispatch will see your impossible numbers as the norm and this will set the next driver up for failure. 9 out or 10 drivers won't be able to keep up YOUR pace and will either get injured, cause a collision, burn out or just give up."

I think you're a little to wrapped up in the numbers game. I, and I hope most drivers could care less what a guy did numbers wise on a route, or what a what a guy does when I'm on vacation, or what the guy next to me does. I do what my immediate suprevisors tell me to do, and if its not good enough then they have to train me to do it better. Once I took over an industrial route with booku heavy volume that a fairly good looking gal had. She had customers jumping in the truck all day lifting 70 pounders up on the dock. Needless to say I was about an hour behind her.

JonFrum

CharleyHustle;738279. . .Once I took over an industrial route with [B said:
booku heavy volume[/B] that a fairly good looking gal had. She had customers jumping in the truck all day lifting 70 pounders up on the dock. Needless to say I was about an hour behind her.
At first I thought those 70 pounders were cartons of books!!!

Then I realized how beaucoup many there were. :happy2:

Upsdriver88

Something to to keep in mind about bonus is that the hours don't count toward your pension or health plan contributions. If you skip your hour lunch and run an hour bonus, your paycheck may look the same but in reality you are getting paid less. Skip your lunch every day and you end up shorting yourself 250 hours a year of pension credit. And remember you actually worked those hours, you're just not going to get credit for them because you're giving them away to the same company that will charge you with an accident for breaking a 3 dollar mirror.

Check the contract again my friend. Its says "paid hours" not "worked hours".

Upsdriver88

Not in local 639.

Article 34 Section 1 on page 84 of the Master Contract states, and I quote..."Full- time employees will receive one (1) year of Credited Service for each 1801 paid hours in Covered Employment in a calender year beginning on or after January 1, 2008." If your supplemental is different, your elected union officals are doing you a major disservice.